Author Topic: burris LER  (Read 496 times)

Offline DANNY-L

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (63)
burris LER
« on: April 14, 2010, 06:26:25 AM »
I mounted the Burris 2x7 LER on my 357mag. new model ruger blackhawk,Im having a problem grouping. The scope has a parallax adjusting ring on the front. Ihave tried several handloads,factory and .38 in the same. I have a Burris 2x7 on my contender,it doesnt have the parallax adjustment and it  groups perfect out to 100yds. The 2x7 LER I think is an older scope,its steel and its heavy. What should the parallax be set at. I can only turn the power ring up to 4 then it starts to black out unless  i move my eye closer to the scope. Is it the wrong scope for the gun.  I recently picked it up at a local gunshop (used). Im trying to get a group at 25yds. Im open to idea's.

Offline eye shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
Re: burris LER
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 08:18:54 AM »
Sounds like you have a scout scope at about 8" ER and need a pistol scope with 12" ER.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline DANNY-L

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 01:06:07 AM »
thats what I was thinking it might be but would that cause me not to be able to get a desent group.

Offline eye shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 03:05:58 AM »
Shoot from a rest and see what it does. If it won't group send it back to Burris and have it refurbed. I haven't had many scopes go bad but my .454 will eat them up.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline DANNY-L

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 03:12:31 AM »
All shots were fired from several different types of rest.Im going to get a friend come and shoot,if he cant do it I will send it back. Thanks

Offline DANNY-L

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 02:49:40 PM »
Solved the problem,there was a crud ring in my blackhawk from shooting cast & swc for so long. I just now switched to jacketed