Author Topic: Turret barrels for Bushnell Sportview?  (Read 728 times)

Offline 4given

• Not perfect, but Forgiven!
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
  • John 3:16-18; John 14:6; Romans 8:1
Turret barrels for Bushnell Sportview?
« on: April 16, 2010, 04:11:56 AM »
I just bought a used Stevens 200 in .243. It came with an old Bushnell Sportview 4 x 12 with AO. It looks to me to be an early to mid 1980's model with a rudimentery "range finding"  feature where you zoom in on a deer, elk or antelope until the depth between hiss back & belly fit in between the crosshairs and another line just above the cross hairs. You look at the zoom adjustment ring and it is not only marked with the magnification (4 - 12) but it also has different ranges for deer, elk & antelope marked on the ring at each zoom level.

You then adjust the elivation turret to the approriate range. My problem is I don't know if the scope has the appropriate turret barrel for .243.  I don't have it sitting right in front of me but think it is marked "rm2"

If I had the money I would just buy a good scope but this one is going to have to do for a while.  Does anyone know how to tell if this has thge correct turret barrel? Can I still get the correct turret barrel for it?

I did some googling but had no success. :(
Romans 3:23  "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
Romans 6:23a  "...The wages of sin is death..."
Romans 6:23b  "...But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Romans 5:8,  "God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us!"
Romans 10:13  "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord  will be saved!"
Romans 10:9"...If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved.."

Offline diggler1833

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Re: Turret barrels for Bushnell Sportview?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 12:10:51 AM »
Might just have to take the thing to a known distance range and do a bit of shooting to find out how close your markings are to the ranges.

Offline 4given

• Not perfect, but Forgiven!
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
  • John 3:16-18; John 14:6; Romans 8:1
Re: Turret barrels for Bushnell Sportview?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 11:53:57 AM »
Might just have to take the thing to a known distance range and do a bit of shooting to find out how close your markings are to the ranges.

Looks like it.  The closest thing I can find is on the Bushnell website they have an instruction manual for the older Banner with BDC. They show a turrel labeled "C2" and it is lised for .243 with a 100 gr bullet. Mine is Marked "R2" so hey who knows?
Romans 3:23  "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
Romans 6:23a  "...The wages of sin is death..."
Romans 6:23b  "...But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Romans 5:8,  "God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us!"
Romans 10:13  "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord  will be saved!"
Romans 10:9"...If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved.."