Author Topic: new bronze  (Read 48294 times)

Online Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: new bronze
« Reply #300 on: June 14, 2010, 10:21:36 PM »
300 post move them into the category of legendary .Only four other post have reached that level on this forum.   

Offline dan610324

• Trade Count: (0)
  • bronze cannons and copper stills ;-))
    • dont have
« Reply #301 on: June 14, 2010, 11:25:29 PM »
the trunnions can also be done with the lathe if the lathe is large enough
grip one of the trunnions with the jaws, and work on the other .
but use a very low rpm
Dan Pettersson
a swedish cannon maniac
interested in early bronze guns

better safe than sorry

Offline gulfcoastblackpowder

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #302 on: June 15, 2010, 01:01:57 AM »
Have you shot your Morko Gulfcoast ?

I'm looking foward to seeing pics and hearing stories of a "man with beer" trip into the swamps to gather gator .

Not the skinny little wanderabouts I see the police drag out from under a house on Cops , but a big fat momma gator .
C'mon Gary...don't you know those gators police have to deal with in neighborhoods are the big one's?

Here's 2 within the past week or so:
http://www.tampabay.com/news/bizarre/7-foot-alligator-removed-from-hallway-at-tampa-middle-school/1100590

http://www.wtsp.com/news/watercooler/story.aspx?storyid=133306&catid=58

No, I haven't gotten the Morko finished yet, or fired, but I'm planning on having it ready for the 4th.  Shooting a gator with one of those would probably just make it angry.  No offense to the Morko, but them gators can be mean and tough!

Side note - I knew the SAMCC was brass, not bronze, which definitely makes a difference, and is why I like the bronzing finish that was used on it.

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #303 on: June 15, 2010, 01:23:27 AM »

"7-foot-alligator-removed-from-hallway-at-tampa-middle-school"

So was this left behind from someone's show&tell?  ;D

It look more like he's taking it for a walk rather then removing it.....

That's why I like Virginia no gators less water moccasins a little less heat.
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #304 on: June 15, 2010, 05:30:29 AM »
Legendary!  :o

Good News Vic3 Your Morko is being born right now ! I just got off the phone with my caster . So it should be soon !

more work on tater38 today . 8)
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline Spuddy

• Contributor
« Reply #305 on: June 15, 2010, 11:13:39 AM »
more work on tater38 today

:)

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #306 on: June 15, 2010, 01:59:22 PM »

That's why I like Virginia no gators less water moccasins a little less heat. [/b][/color]
It just wanted a good education!

Honestly, gators and moccasins don't phase me at all, but the heat and the humility will kill you. ;D

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #307 on: June 15, 2010, 03:46:28 PM »

That's why I like Virginia no gators less water moccasins a little less heat. [/b][/color]

Honestly, gators and moccasins don't phase me at all, but the heat and the humility will kill you. ;D

My family had had property down in Englewood I have a few stories about gator's and moc's when in my youth
I would Kayak in the swampy areas along the inland waterway............Life is interesting when a Moc. drops onto the bow of a
14ft Kayak  as you are sliding under some mangroves into the next section of water.......

And the 7ft gator in that photo don't look to be more than 4-41/2 footer.....
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #308 on: June 15, 2010, 04:31:21 PM »

My family had had property down in Englewood I have a few stories about gator's and moc's when in my youth
I would Kayak in the swampy areas along the inland waterway............Life is interesting when a Moc. drops onto the bow of a
14ft Kayak  as you are sliding under some mangroves into the next section of water.......

And the 7ft gator in that photo don't look to be more than 4-41/2 footer.....

I grew up in NC and Tenn and more than once a Moccisan ate the worm . Dad would cut that line so fast I thought he was Zoro !

Then every so often , theyd be swimming in the lake water .

Later in NC one day me and my buddies were "snooping and pooping" along a creek (checking stuff out)..... We turned over a rock expecting to deliver BB gun death to some tadpole or frog (yea we were bad then ) ....(then I joined the Corps) ;D WELL there was a nest of baby friggin mocs .

HOLLY mother of PEARL ! you never saw three 13 year olds draw down and eliminate the rotten nasty little ...things that quick . As soon as we realized they were swimming away and we couldnt get them all . Well we threw humongas huge rocks into and on them ....

then we R U N N O F T , to get away from them .

Semper Fi Baby !  ;D

"we should have shotguns for this 'stuff' " pulp fiction first act .
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #309 on: June 15, 2010, 06:21:25 PM »
And the 7ft gator in that photo don't look to be more than 4-41/2 footer.....[/b][/color]
7ft is about right.  Click the link I provided and look at the first image on the video of it sitting in front of a door.  That will give you better perspective. 

7ft is not a really big one, though.  At my old house, I used to walk my dog by a number of lakes with 7-8ft gators all the time.  Not a big deal.  They're the cuddly ones.  My last trip down to the everglades I was walking by a fence and had a ~9ft mother guarding her nest almost tear through the chain-link to get me.  Now that was a fun experience!

Offline carronader

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • What? me worry.
« Reply #310 on: June 16, 2010, 08:04:37 AM »
Fishing stories  :(   get that light duty polishing finished Muskrat............are you doing a thesis on polishing ? or what .  So much out there.. you gotta get those design and creation juices flowing............could get a school kid to do that polishing faster...posted a pic ...think new stuff. 
Scottish by birth and by heart.

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #311 on: June 16, 2010, 11:27:54 AM »
I happen to have first hand knowledge that those creative juices are flowing.  I think there's a storm brewing in that Muskrat brain, and something new could be coming soon! ;D

No, I will not offer any hints...  :-X

Offline dan610324

• dont have
« Reply #312 on: June 16, 2010, 12:09:40 PM »
noooo , thats not new stuff

thats very very  O L D  stuff   ;D

Dan Pettersson
a swedish cannon maniac

better safe than sorry

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #313 on: June 16, 2010, 12:10:09 PM »
Fishing stories  :(   get that light duty polishing finished Muskrat............are you doing a thesis on polishing ? or what .  So much out there.. you gotta get those design and creation juices flowing............could get a school kid to do that polishing faster...posted a pic ...think new stuff.  

Ashutup termite . By the way those wheels have been looking real nice latley!  ???

the jist of the polishing is done . just need to retouch some things

this is it in Mikes backyard.

and on Mikes stump . ;D

need to vent it tomorrow . or the next day I brought it home to show the damn caster how I want to pick it up , straight out of the investment .

Offline dan610324

• dont have
« Reply #314 on: June 16, 2010, 12:15:38 PM »
WOW   cant say much more
and for sure I  DONT  need to say anything more
Dan Pettersson
a swedish cannon maniac

better safe than sorry

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #315 on: June 16, 2010, 01:17:39 PM »
I think I see a slight blemish...you'll have to send that one to me for further inspection, and cast another for Spuddy.

No...wait...that's not a blemish...just a blade of grass...I knew it was too good to be true.

That's quite remarkable, but unfortunately, it left me without much of a remark...so I'll just reiterate Dan's "WOW".

Offline Zulu

• Honor is a gift a man gives himself.
    • Wood & Ironworks
« Reply #316 on: June 16, 2010, 01:22:14 PM »
Sweet! ;D
Zulu
Zulu's website
www.jmelledge.com

Online Double D

« Reply #317 on: June 16, 2010, 01:23:57 PM »
That doesn't need any coloring, it's right now!

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #318 on: June 16, 2010, 02:05:05 PM »
A Kewpie !  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D                         See that termite !   :'(:P  :'(:P  :'(:P

Oh happy happy joy joy . 8)

Thank you DD .  :o

I only hope Tim has a nice carriage in mind for it .   

Tim if you need some REALLY nice wheels I know a guy in England who makes them !  ;D    16 -18 inchers should do it .

Gary

Offline Spuddy

• Contributor
« Reply #319 on: June 16, 2010, 03:04:50 PM »
Holy Cow! I never imagined that it would be this good. I considered making a carriage for it but I don't think that I have the ability to make one suitable.  Thank you Gary for all of your effort.  It truly is amazing.

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #320 on: June 16, 2010, 03:10:20 PM »
Somebody's got to make the carriage.  You can't just leave this beautiful gun sitting on a tree stump.  It'd have to be renamed from a spud gun to a stump gun, and that just doesn't sound as good.

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #321 on: June 16, 2010, 04:13:34 PM »
Spud , I'd like to put Zulu on the hook . His wood working is beyond fabulous ! NOBODY DOES IT BETTER  (hee Harr heee Heee Harr hook sinking into  zululip)     He has more Kewpies than me ! The guy carves Kewpies and cannons at the same rate !

NOW HES HOOKED hook is set , you can thank me later Tim as I just did the hard part for you ...he will make it for you now  8). Gosh who wouldnt be happy to make a carriage for it ?

He makes some sweet wheels too !  :D  "Sorry Zulu its just your day !"

I wouldnt want to be known as biased but IF I WERE YOU SPUDDY thats who I would look to .

By the way Tim Thank You for the compliament ! YOU are who I want happy !

Please remember that IF FOR ANY reason at all YOU have an IRONCLAD ABSOLUTE MONY BACK THINERAGERY!

ANY reason at all does not include stuff like ..."you drop it into a tree shedder" , somehow it gets run over by a squad of M1 ABRAHAMS TANKS .......... an airliner crashed smack on top of it !

THESE thing may not be covered ......  :D

TIM , I have enjoyed making this 'tater38' it has been a heck of a challenge with many ups and downs but I think you'll like it  .

It has given me a ton of confidence to have gotten it done from photos and nothing more .

The next one will be much better , of course it wont be #1 . Yours will be marked #'s 1 and 2 . ;) now thats an inside joke that Tim will catch .

The next one will only be marked #2  :D

Gary

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #322 on: June 16, 2010, 04:25:56 PM »
ZULU! ZULU! ZULU!  ;D

Zulu, you need a project, this might be a group effort.......

Julu does the wood...... Dom. does the metal work.......

Congrats on the Kewpie Gary you deserve it!

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #323 on: June 16, 2010, 04:39:24 PM »
I dont know Zulu does some sweet metal work ! I'd want the woodman to make hardware if possible , other wise you'll need the metalman to make the iron then send it to the woodman . then send it to the wheelman .

I think Zulu can do it all ,and very nicely too ! Tim do you need a limber too ?  ;D I mean really he is the best I've seen .

It wont be cheap but then ....... niether was the gun . 'Best quality' is what you want .

Gary

eta I think 'the fish has (been) landed'  :D

Online Double D

« Reply #324 on: June 16, 2010, 05:15:34 PM »
That sounds like a great Idea, another vote for Zulu!

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #325 on: June 16, 2010, 06:53:11 PM »
I was thinking about throwing that idea out there in my last post.

Zulu's the man with wood!  (And I agree that he's right up there with metal work too.)

Online Double D

« Reply #326 on: June 16, 2010, 06:58:12 PM »
I was thinking about throwing that idea out there in my last post.

Zulu's the man with wood!  (And I agree that he's right up there with metal work too.)

Metal work, you mean that stuff is metal?  All this time I though it was 100% wood!!

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
    • seacoastartillery.com
« Reply #327 on: June 16, 2010, 08:40:24 PM »
     When the metal molester, AKA 'Bronze Boy' left our shop today he had a gleaming bronze beauty under his arm.  A real nice job that even a potato lover could appreciate.  Don't worry Gary, we turned the 3-phase power off and I cleaned up that bronze dust and grit you left on the lathe and Mike checked the electric meter to add those increased kilowatt hours to your tab.  Just keep the breakfast burritos coming and you'll be OK.   ;D ;D

A Kewpie!  Hoo Hoo!!

M&T
Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline Owen

« Reply #328 on: June 16, 2010, 09:48:32 PM »
just have to add a "WOW"  as well ....
Artillery lends dignity to what would other wise be a vulgar brawl.

Offline dan610324

• dont have
« Reply #329 on: June 17, 2010, 02:53:06 AM »
M&T

dont forget the emery cloth , the 2 needle files he worn out and the wear and tear on the lathe  ;D
Dan Pettersson
a swedish cannon maniac

better safe than sorry