Author Topic: Kettner scopes  (Read 721 times)

Offline baer19d

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Contributor
Kettner scopes
« on: April 30, 2010, 04:16:04 PM »
Has anyone heard of these scopes and if so was it good or bad? I understand that the're made by Zise, is that correct?

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Kettner scopes
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 05:31:40 PM »
Never heard of one.  Whose magazine has these in it?  They might be great but there are new want-a-be lines coming out every few months and they are mostly made in the Pacific nations.  Might be a great scope but its hard to imagine that their R&D is better than the established companies who have been in the business for years.  It could the identical scope that the same factory makes for someone else, just with a different label on it and a different finish and a different price point.  You normally get what you pay for - in good optics as well as in bargin optics.

Just my opinion after 40 years of hunting and shooting.  I am not an expert by any means.

Offline Brithunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Kettner scopes
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 12:07:13 AM »
Kettner is a large European chain store for outdoors and hunting. Not exactly cheap but they do have everything including gunsmithing services. They have rifles made for them with theri name on and of course optics but I have no idea where they're made. But Kettner does have a reputation to consider.