Author Topic: Single Shot Pardner 12g won't eject spent rounds  (Read 1045 times)

Offline badshot1

• Trade Count: (0)
Single Shot Pardner 12g won't eject spent rounds
« on: May 03, 2010, 11:01:30 AM »
I just bought a new NEF Pardner 12g single shot and right out of the box, I can't get any spent loads to eject.  An unfired round will pop out a couple feet, but after the round has been fired, it gets stuck in the chamber.  I have tried Winchester 2and3/4 buckshot and regular target loads, and also Remington cheapies, all with the same results.  I cleaned it thoroughly, sparkling clean.  Pretty bummed on popping each one out with a pocketknife.  Anyone else had this problem or any advice.  Otherwise, its a cool little gun.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Single Shot Pardner 12g won't eject spent rounds
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 11:49:10 AM »
Welcome! You can follow the tips in the FAQs and Help sticky for polishing the chamber and improving ejector function if you want to fix it yourself, or you can contact H&R and make arrangements to send it back for repair, be sure to ask them to send a return shipping label so they pay for shipping, toll free (866)776-9292.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline badshot1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 01:17:18 PM »
Could this be because it is so new, like it needs to be broken in?  I was thinking about shooting a couple boxes through it to see if it helps.  Also, would it help to use 3in instead of 2 and3/4, or does that not make a difference on the ejection.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 01:19:09 PM »
Shouldn't make any difference, cleaning/polishing the chamber and adding a BB in front of the ejector spring should make it work fine.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain