Author Topic: Burris Customer serv  (Read 492 times)

Offline boatboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (92)
  • A Real Regular
Burris Customer serv
« on: May 07, 2010, 01:30:50 PM »

I did post this on another forum I was just curious who on Graybeards may have had an opionion

I have to just say I really got some great customer service from Burris today.I was mounting a 3x9 compact on a 77/22 all weather rifle (22 Mag) and ran out of adjustment. I was kinda stumped. I called Burris and talked to Martin, He was really helpful and even offered to send me a set of rings that he had around that he was sure would be a better match.

I kinda felt like if we would have had a couple beers we would have been in the thumb of Michigan sitting on a pick up BSing.

After he helped me with my initial problem he explained quite a few questions about the way Burris scopes were built. He also peaked my interest on the Eurodiamond series.I am sure that the next time I am in the market for a better scope I will give these a serious look.
I am greatful to him for his help I will not hesitate to give him a call in the furure.I have a lot to learn HAHA

Anyone have practical experiance with Euro Diamonds?

Hank
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King

Say what you want, pick on him. but Ringo is still a Beatle

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
Re: Burris Customer serv
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 02:55:27 PM »
Ive had great costomer service from Burris as well. I was missing a turret cap for one of my older burris scopes. Musta left it at the range.. Went to their website to order a couple. Couldnt find them. emailed customer service, They sent me out a pair for free. I was sad to see their lower end scopes built overseas.
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline skarke

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 05:20:48 PM »
I sent a 3x9 Burris in for service.  It came back looking NEW!!  Functioning like NEW!!!!  They are a great company.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.  Ronaldus Maximus

Offline Luckyducker

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 02:35:26 AM »
Boatboy, what model of Burris scope do you have on your 22mag?  I bought a Burris Sako Quad 3-9X32 compact rifle scope w/ballistic plex reticle that I saw in a Natchez on-line sale ad.  I liked the size of the scope and the reticle but there was no mention of this being a dedicated rimfire scope.  I mounted it on my T/C Encore 7mm-08 rifle barrel and it wouldn't hold zero so I tried it on other rifles with the same results.  I took it in to the Burris repair place in Greeley, CO. and they returned it promptly with a note that said they checked the scope and found nothing wrong with it, then disassembled and reassembled it and tested it again with no problems.  I don't know what to do with this scope.  Had I known it was a dedicated rimfire scope I would have looked for something different.  I don't shoot rimfire and don't know whether to put it back on the Encore and try it again.  Any advise?

Offline skarke

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 05:01:15 AM »
BTW, that was a 3x9 LER scope
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.  Ronaldus Maximus

Offline hoghunting

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 02:07:44 PM »
Luckyducker

Your scope was made for rimfire a you now know. It was not made to handle the recoil of a 7-08. Try selling it, or buy a rimfire to put it on.

Offline shotgun31

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 04:48:03 PM »
No experience with the Eurodiamond but I have the Fullfield 30MM mounted on my 9.3X62.  I like the 30MM, and especially like the Burris Rings.  There are plastic inserts that hold the scope tube securely and don't scratch the scope tube.
Shotgun

Offline Huffmanite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 05:37:32 AM »
Gent I shoot with about every Sunday has a 4.5-14 Fullfield II Burris.  He'd put this scope on its 3rd rifle and spent many a Sunday shooting with the rifle, seeking the best load for the rifle.  He never achieved the kind of groups he'd expected with the rifle.  One day we discussed his accuracy problem and I suggested it may be the scope, but due to its performing flawlessly on the previous 2 rifles, he didn't think the scope was the problem.  Well the scope was the problem and about 2 weeks ago, sent it in to Burris for warrenty repair.  Yesterday, he was at range with a new replacement scope sent back by Burris.  The problem with windage or elevation adjustment beyond worth fixing, so they sent a new scope.