Author Topic: Would any of you be interested in a Vortex Viper 6.5x20x44 review?  (Read 3181 times)

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
Re: Would any of you be interested in a Vortex Viper 6.5x20x44 review?
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 07:37:38 AM »
I had a chance to check one out at my local shop and I too was impessed with it, Had a chance to look through it outside the shop and looks like a great bargin for a scope! Very clear and the adjustment were tight. If I had the $$ I would pick up one. Vortex has some good glass for the money. Enjoy Dale, I am sure you will pop some groundhogs with it, matching it up with a good 22-250 and you are all set bud.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2010, 07:50:46 AM »
I had a chance to check one out at my local shop and I too was impessed with it, Had a chance to look through it outside the shop and looks like a great bargin for a scope! Very clear and the adjustment were tight. If I had the $$ I would pick up one. Vortex has some good glass for the money. Enjoy Dale, I am sure you will pop some groundhogs with it, matching it up with a good 22-250 and you are all set bud.
Thank you. I have had this scope for a little while now and even after cranking on the turets many many times it returns to zero every time. :o ;D ;D It is by far the best scope I have ever owned. I have taken 9 Groundhogs this season and 8 of them have been to this new set up. My furthest shot was about 275 yards. I am reloading for my 22-250 now and am having a bunch of fun shooting. Here are a few pictures of a few Groundhogs I have taken with the new set up. Take care Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 11:06:21 AM »
Nice! looks like you have settled in with it man.

Offline wind drift

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 02:26:43 PM »
Dale what twist rate does the sps var. 22-250 have.THANKS

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 02:49:06 PM »
Dale what twist rate does the sps var. 22-250 have.THANKS
It has a 1 in 14" twist. I have found that 55 grain bullets are the max with this rate of twist. I tried to push a 60 grain Hornady V-Max hard trying to get it to stablize and the groups were 6" to 8". Looks like I will not be shooting anything heavier than a 55 grain bullet out of it. Take care Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 04:22:48 PM »
Hey guys Camera Land is having a sale on these scopes right now for $249.99. :o I like mine so much I ordered another one tonight. ;D Take care Dale