Author Topic: DB380.................  (Read 552 times)

Offline markp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
DB380.................
« on: May 10, 2010, 04:53:19 PM »
Anyone have any experiance with the DB380 they can share? The size and weight are comparable to the kel tec and lcp.
The takedown appears easier and sights more visible. I wonder about the dependability and if there is a lifetime warrenty ?

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: DB380.................
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 05:15:13 AM »
You might get more replies if you would tell us what a "DB380" is, I have no idea.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline markp

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 07:25:48 AM »
The DB380 is the DIAMONDBACK 380. I dont know much about it yet  other than it is a 8.8 oz without mag 380 in the size of
a kel tec with a design similar to a glock. Made I believe by a new company. It is of course after the cc market like the lcp and kel tec
and other similar small lightweight autos.

http://www.diamondbackfirearms.com/

Offline markp

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 05:21:02 PM »
In response to asking DIAMONBACK if they offerd a warrenty they responded it has a lifetime warrenty.

To the question why would a person  want to buy your 380 versus a kel tec  or lcp.
They responded....................The  DB380 is striker fired, melonite coated and has less felt recoil than the lcp or P3AT.

I do appretiate them responding to me. I hope their gun is great. It is in a market place which is growing in small 380's.

Offline Tony

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 08:03:44 PM »
I have a Diamondback 380. It feels like a minature Glock in the hands and it takes down jut like one. For a small handgun I am impressed with the smoothness of the trigger. Now lets get down to the nitty gritty with the one I own. I have had mine for about 3 months now and to this day I not been able to fire a full magazine without it jamming and that is with ball and hollowpoint ammo. I consider myself lucky if it fire two rounds in a row without jamming. This is what happens when I fire mine. The fired case does not eject all the way, about 3/4, then the slide finishes cycleing and picks up another round for a nice double feed. Then comes the fun part of trying to push the magazine release while trying to rip out the magazine to clear the jam. However not all is lost. I called Diamondback and they first told me to try various brands of ammo which I have done now. They said that if I continued to have problems then I need to take it back to the store where I purchased it from and have them send it back to Diamondback so they can try and figure it out. So when I get back from where I work I will have send it back.
Certified Glock Armorer