Author Topic: laser sight  (Read 492 times)

Offline stxhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
laser sight
« on: May 17, 2010, 11:49:54 AM »
Just bought a new Ruger LCP. My eyes are not what they used to be and the LCP's sights are almost non existant. Perfect size pistol for my needs but needs a little sight help. I was looking at the Crimson Trace laser and liked it alot. Anyone have any thoughts on this laser or has tried one??
Thanks!

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: laser sight
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 07:11:25 AM »
I had Crimson Trace Laser Grips on an SP-101 in .357 mag. Using the lazier I was able to shoot much smaller groups on paper than when using the fixed sights. I really liked the laser but it did have to go back for repair  twice because something was draining the battery while switched off and at rest. But the service was free and they did get it right the second time.
 I think the forward location for the laser on the little auto would be even better than the laser grip but I don't know how that would effect a two handed hold.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline stxhunter

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 07:30:04 AM »
Thanks Coyotejoe. The laser system for the LCP looks well thought out as far as function and since I can qualify with it for my carry license, I think I'll try one.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 05:08:43 PM »
I have the CT grips/sights on several handguns, I love 'em!

The CT sights are best in low light or darkness when it is near impossible to see your sights, that said, most incidents that would require use of a firearm for self defense occur at night, they are just a plus for you!

Offline stxhunter

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 05:59:58 PM »
You are right about the nightime situations. Sounds like a big plus for the laser!