Author Topic: Weaver Lever Lok rings  (Read 525 times)

Offline S.E.Ak

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
  • Wrangell Ak
Weaver Lever Lok rings
« on: May 21, 2010, 07:43:01 AM »
How good is the return to back on target when removeing scope in the field with with lever lok type rings?

Offline vincewarde

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Weaver Lever Lok rings
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 04:04:40 PM »
It should be good, given that they only tighten from one side.  I haven't noticed any problems with the wife's 10/22 and we remove and replace the scope regularly.  I have am planning to use two sets on my AR (one centerfire, one for use with the .22LR conversion kit).  In deed, many "weaver" or "picatinny" rings do not have any provision for windage adjustment and will return to zero quite nicely.

The bottom line is that they are designed to be removed and replaced without loss of zero - and from what I see, they should do just that.
"Preach the Gospel at all times, when absolutely necessary - use words" St Francis
<><

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Re: Weaver Lever Lok rings
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 03:08:18 PM »

I'll let you know just how good it is..I picked up a set to use on my Conquest scope with my new 30-06..but prefer the Warne Maxima's with that scope..so I'll be putting them on my Nikon Pro-Staff for my 243 bull barrel.The one thing I really didn't like about the ones I got was I had to go through 5 different pairs of them at the store to find some that didn't need some serious lapping..also they are mated to each base..so you can't switch them or turn them backwards on the same lower section of the rings..

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...