Author Topic: Finished My First GB Howitzer/Cannon  (Read 2568 times)

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
Re: Finished My First GB Howitzer/Cannon
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2010, 12:53:33 AM »
Hey Rocklock,
Are you up to it?  I'm willing to make this a joint effort. ;D
Zulu

You bet , it is now officialy on the waiting list ..............to get on the no fly list . :D I'll proly have to let someone else grab up the glory on this one .
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline little seacoast

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
  • Let them get just a little closer...
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2010, 03:20:27 AM »
BoomJ,  I'm not a native but I've been around here a while, sounds like - Happy Fouth of July, Fire in the Hoooooole.
America has no native criminal class except Congress.   Sam Clemens

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2010, 06:58:22 AM »
Thanks, LS! The "fire in the hole" I got right from the get go, it was "happy fourth of July" that was throwing me for a loop, and it's weird, because now that you told me what's being said I can now hear it as plain as day.

ETA: I just noticed that Tomb was telling me what was said. "Happy 4Th of July....that is southern Hilbilly.....lol    tomb"   
Maybe I need some attention deficit pills to go along with a hearing aid.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 07:39:08 PM »
yes its wood with iron reinforcements
probably norwegian , 1650 to 1700
but the style was used in all northern european countries
maybe even in the south

This would be fun to make.  Does anyone know of any survivors or replicas?  I sure would like to see a picture of one.
Zulu

Not as elaborate, but a similar bed (reproduction) for an English mortar on display in the Tower of London.

RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline tombstone270

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »
BoomJ,  I'm not a native but I've been around here a while, sounds like - Happy Fouth of July, Fire in the Hoooooole.

Thats it...lol

tomb