Author Topic: Who's got a 32" 12 ga barrel?  (Read 688 times)

Offline retrosub

• Trade Count: (4)
Who's got a 32" 12 ga barrel?
« on: May 24, 2010, 10:22:36 AM »
I have a 28" modified, but I'm considering the 32" full. Does anyone here have one, and if so, how do you like it and how does it compare?

Also, I don't see the 30" trap barrel listed in the barrel accessory program, anyone know if that's available separately?

Offline Daman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
  • Me and Papa's first double!!!
Re: Who's got a 32" 12 ga barrel?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 04:23:00 AM »
I have shot the 32" full a few times squirrel hunting with my step-dad. He has an older case colored one and it does the trick on squirrels way up in the tree. Not to shabby with N0 1 buck on deer either.
Live simple. Hunt Hard. Love Life.

I thank God everyday for my loving wife and all the fond memories of hunting with my Papa from a child until now.

Please take time to take a kid hunting, it will be a life long memory and blessing for both of you!

Offline retrosub

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 06:27:01 AM »
Do you think the longer barrel helps sighting aiming at moving objects? I'm trying to decide if I should get a long barrel for ducks season. My friend has a few guns I can borrow, but wouldn't I rather shoot my NEF? Oh yes.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 07:04:12 AM »
I have a 32" full choke 12 gauge Handi barrel and it's a great barrel. They have not been made for a few years now as far as I know. The longer sight radius is nice as well but not much differnet than a 28" barrel really....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Daman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 07:51:42 AM »
I personally like a 21" shotgun barrel, but that is just me and I ain't much of a bird hunter. I do have a Browning pump 20 gauge to shoot doves with and it has a 26 or 28 inch barrel. My short shotguns are a little more difficult with skeets than the long 28" guns I have shot with.

Daman

I thank God everyday for my loving wife and all the fond memories of hunting with my Papa from a child until now.

Please take time to take a kid hunting, it will be a life long memory and blessing for both of you!

Offline mrussel

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 08:49:38 PM »
I have shot the 32" full a few times squirrel hunting with my step-dad. He has an older case colored one and it does the trick on squirrels way up in the tree. Not to shabby with N0 1 buck on deer either.

I hope you dont mean on the squirrels??!!  :o

Offline Daman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 05:07:03 AM »
Not following you there mrussel???????????