Author Topic: Buffalo Bullet Company  (Read 2350 times)

Offline Old Lucky 01

• Trade Count: (2)
Buffalo Bullet Company
« on: May 24, 2010, 05:20:01 PM »
On another post I asked if their was a source for Buffalo Bullets....I thought Dixie Gunworks had a supply, but they are almost completely sold out of a small existing stock and they have noted that no additional items can be ordered from the company.  All listed telephone numbers for Buffalo Bullets are disconnected, so it appears that the business has in fact gone under.  If anyone has an idea as to what current line of bullets are similar to the line of products Buffalo produced, please let me know.

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
Re: Buffalo Bullet Company
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 07:24:16 PM »
This past spring I picked up a dozen boxes of the .54 cal Buffalo Bullets at a small tackle shop - They were marked 1/2 off, and one of my .54 Lyman's shoots them well.  I was wondering why the 1/2 off.

For years I have used the Hornady Great Plains Bullet for hunting in my .50 and .54's.  It is a heavy conical design similar to the Buffalo Bullets, but a little heavier, and a great game killer.  I will mostly use the recently purchased BB for practice loads.

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 07:36:04 PM »
I can't recall the circumstances right now but I once spoke to the owner/President of the company. He told me that Hornady basically stole their design when I commented to him about the similarity and told him that one or the other was all I used.

Now I'm not saying it was true as I dunno but BB was first and Hornady came out with theirs later. It's sad to hear that BB went under but it would be hard for a small company like them to compete with a relative giant like Hornady.

But if you are looking for similar then it's the Hornady Great Plains bullet as it's a near identical as possible. I find no effective difference in them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Old Lucky 01

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 04:29:37 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I did confirm today that Buffalo Bullets are out of business.  Both their local and 800 telephone numbers are disconnected and Dixie Gun works has listed their last of the BB line as an item that cannot be re-ordered/back ordered, which in their world means the company (Buffalo) no longer produces a product.