Author Topic: Tracker 1?  (Read 1003 times)

Offline mrussel

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
Tracker 1?
« on: May 27, 2010, 08:10:48 PM »
I have a slug barrel on my NEF Pardner thats labled tracker II. That makes me wonder,was there a tracker I and if so,what exactly was it and how did it differ from the tracker II?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Tracker 1?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 02:09:43 AM »
The Tracker II has a rifled shotgun barrel with sights meant to shoot sabots. The Tracker I has a smoothbore shotgun barrel with sights that is meant to shoot plain older style foster type slugs. The Tracker II's are great, however I much prefer the Tracker I's because of the much less expensive foster slugs it shoots, and the Tracker I's are accurate enough for deer out to about 75 yards. Tracker I's are no longer made but occaisionally one comes up for sale....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline mrussel

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 06:08:24 PM »
The Tracker II has a rifled shotgun barrel with sights meant to shoot sabots. The Tracker I has a smoothbore shotgun barrel with sights that is meant to shoot plain older style foster type slugs. The Tracker II's are great, however I much prefer the Tracker I's because of the much less expensive foster slugs it shoots, and the Tracker I's are accurate enough for deer out to about 75 yards. Tracker I's are no longer made but occaisionally one comes up for sale....<><....:)

I thought the rifled barrels were fine with the cheaper slugs too. I was under the impression that the rifled barrels were fine for shooting ANY slugs,but were required for shooting the premium slugs.

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 09:04:52 AM »
The old style foster slugs are made of dead soft, pure lead so they can squeeze down and pass thru any choke safely,even full choke. .When they are used in rifeled barrels they have a tendency to lead up the bores rather quickly ,and have a very detrimental effect on their accuracy until they are thuroughly cleaned.Keep the foster slugs for your smooth bore.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 01:32:46 PM »
I have tracker 1s in 20 and 12. The 20 is threaded for choke tubes. A very versatile gun
I don't know why they don't at least offer it as am accessory barrel

PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 06:30:05 PM »
I would love to get my hands on a 20ga Tracker I
308 win                 45-70                       12ga         
30-30                    223 stainless steel   20ga TDC
44 mag                  Tracker II 20ga        20ga
45-70 Manlicher     20ga USH                28ga
                                                              410ga

Offline spooked

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 06:39:51 PM »
I would love to get my hands on a 20ga Tracker I
Not mine ,noway unhuh!  :P I don't use my tracker1 much, butz i sure like it..Thought about having choke tubes put in it, but it is in such nice condition that i think that I might just put a rear sight on a moddiefied 20 ga. ur have choke tubes and sight put on...have a sawed-off Stevens 311 20 ga. that has been threaded for chokes , shoots like it has full and xtra full tubes in it now..Note to self buy an improved cyl tube for one barrel.. :-\
Lost between sunrise and sunset yesterday-one golden hour...never to be found or reclaimed:-(

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 06:43:02 AM »
I already have the next best thing a 22" 20ga modified drilled & tapped with a Tru Glo 2X red dot. Shoots about a 2.5" group with foster type slugs at 65 yards. Nice and light, quick handling, great little gun for the brush and woods in my part of central New York. But I still want a Tracker I
                                                              410ga

Offline spooked

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 10:14:31 AM »
Nice rig there Spikehorn..Something like that with irons(n modified barrel) would be my choice of an AP shotgun, probly what I'd have if I had to thin 'em to one..
Lost between sunrise and sunset yesterday-one golden hour...never to be found or reclaimed:-(

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 11:00:01 AM »
Yeah I have slugs pretty well dialed in. I need to pattern it with shot. With my eyes I haven't shot irons in well over a decade.
                                                              410ga

Offline sachel.45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 01:53:24 PM »
i don't understand why they don't offer it as an accessorry barrel considering they make a 10 gauge 24" barrle with rifle sights and a cylinder bore theres alot more demand for a 12 or 20 set up like that than a 10 (but i still want that barrel and a 10 gauge)
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon