Author Topic: Just ordered a Hornady GS-1500 Grain Electronic Scale  (Read 1887 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Just ordered a Hornady GS-1500 Grain Electronic Scale
« on: June 01, 2010, 06:49:01 PM »
Just ordered a Hornady GS-1500 Grain Electronic Scale. Do any of you have one and if so how do you like it? This is kind of like putting the cart after the horse. I should have asked this question before I ordered it. I hope I did not screw up and order a piece of crap. I also ordered a set of calipers. Here is the link to them. Thanks Dale
http://www.hornady.com/store/GS-1500-Grain-Electronic-Scale/
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=00036MCE6A
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Just ordered a Hornady GS-1500 Grain Electronic Scale
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 07:05:34 PM »
I hope you don't regret it but I think you will. You really don't want a battery operated scale with no option for AC power. It might work for you if you're not gonna be doing much reloading but it's sure not how I'd spend my money. Now Hornady does have one I want in the worst way and that's their new digital scale/powder dispenser combo. I think Midsouth is asking around $220 for it. That will definitely be my next scale.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 07:22:07 PM »
I hope you don't regret it but I think you will. You really don't want a battery operated scale with no option for AC power. It might work for you if you're not gonna be doing much reloading but it's sure not how I'd spend my money. Now Hornady does have one I want in the worst way and that's their new digital scale/powder dispenser combo. I think Midsouth is asking around $220 for it. That will definitely be my next scale.
That is the one I want also and will probably buy that one by the end of the summer. It is less expensive than the Charge Master by RCBS and really seems to be a quality unit. Take care Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline DANNY-L

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (63)
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 02:19:58 AM »
I p/u a gs1500 over the winter,I have had no problems with it. I use it often when I'm only doing up a few rounds. It does seem like you trickle alot of powder into the pan before the reading changes though. When I compare the wieght reading with my 10-10 scale they read the same. It works great for reading the inaccuratecy of a box of some of the bullets that I use and it gives you a fast reading. I have not needed to change my batteries yet.