Author Topic: Anyone ever used a Leapers Scope?  (Read 694 times)

Offline bullet8542

• Trade Count: (0)
Anyone ever used a Leapers Scope?
« on: June 07, 2010, 09:54:27 AM »
Over the weekend I was out at the farm blowing off some ammo and a cousin pulled out his 30-06 with a leapers scope anyone ever heard or these? and if so what is the pinion on them? The glass was clear it didn't loose zero after a 100 rounds it never lost zero having never heard of them before I was wondering if anyone has had any experiance and are they worth whatever they cost?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Michael  ;D

Offline Dances with Geoducks

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: Anyone ever used a Leapers Scope?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 11:09:30 AM »
Saw them, passed them by. They do not have caliber ratings so I figured they were mostly small caliber stuff.
I e-mailed them, and never got a reply back

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 11:12:34 AM »
Cheap, made in China, RF would probably be their best use.  What about rain, snow, cold fog.  Put it in a freezer overnight, check for accuracy.  Then put it under water and then check it.   See if it fogs or leaks. 

Offline simplicity

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 12:03:13 PM »
There pretty much rimfire scopes I wouldn't want them anything that kicks and they also make air rifle scopes as well. (reverse recoil)how they hold up I don't know as far as on air rifles

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 12:07:52 PM »
I have some on rimfires and they work ok.  Had one on an SKS and I couldn't hold zero.  Tried a cheap Bushnell scope and it worked OK.  Finally gave up on scoping sks.  Installed a Williams peep site by replaceing the ramp rear site and it works just as good as a cheap scope. 

Offline bullet8542

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 03:52:23 PM »
Thanks guys I have never heard of them before the weekend he had one of those and a traditions same thing never heard of it but the glass was clear and held up to the .300 Mag.

I am more familiar with Burris, Schmidt & Bender, Kahles, Leupold but I am looking to build a kicking around rifle that with glass is under $400.00