Author Topic: Intensity Optics 3-10x44 Rifle Scope Duplex Reticle Matte Finish?  (Read 1967 times)

Offline lonewolf5348

• Trade Count: (38)
Any one here have one any pro or cons on the scope.I read they are made in the same Philipino plant that built the old Simmons scopes.
I think they were actually made for ATK

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Intensity Optics 3-10x44 Rifle Scope Duplex Reticle Matte Finish?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 04:57:48 PM »
Constantly amazed by new brands of rifle scopes.

Offline jason045

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 04:12:12 AM »
I just got one of these in from sportsmans guide about a week ago.  Mounted on a 25-06 handi rifle but havent been to the range yet.  Quality looks amazingly high for the $50 asking price.  I would say that it compares very favorably with the entry level Weaver 40/44 series that will run you about $155 from opticsplanet.
You never know when ya got too much gun, but ya dang sure know when ya aint got enough!

Offline Huffmanite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 04:58:56 AM »
I have an Intensity Optics 3.8-12x44 AO scope presently mounted on a 257R rifle that had been on a 6.5 Swede rifle.  Probably around 80 rounds fired with scope mounted.....no problems....but then neither rifle has a severe recoil to test its durability.  As for clarity and etc. of my scope....it is very good, comparable to top brand scopes selling for a heck of a lot more.  This is not just my opinion, at least two other gents I shoot with on a regular basis, who prefer Leopolds, Burris and etc., have viewed thru my scope and said basically the same thing.  However, mine has the aspherical type lens, which the 3-10X44 does not.  If yours was the 2.8-10 intensity, it would be the aspherical lens too.  

Yes, the Intensity scopes were by ATK.   But, ATK no longer markets them under that brand.  However they are still available as ATK's Weaver 40/44 line of scopes.   The Weaver 40/44 3-30X44 sells for around $145.  I know the same Intensity model can be bought for around $50, heck of a deal.  I'm not sure all the Intensity scopes were made in the Philippines, but am fairly sure the aspherical lens type were and they are similiar to the Simmon's AETEC line, both having the aspherical lens and perhaps made in the same Philippine factory.

Offline lonewolf5348

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 09:38:17 AM »
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=IT94615&src=sim
I just ordered it will see how it turns out
I ask the guy were are they made he was nice enough to go out to the shipping dept: to check they are out of the old Philippine plant .He say the New Line Weaver is the same scope but 3 time the amount.I was told told by him they are the old 44 mag scope by simmons
Will See
The warranty card go to weaver optics

Offline Buck-Ridge

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 06:37:41 PM »
I bought one last year. I think mine is a 4x12 it was 70 dollars. I put it on a 243 and It is very clear. My other rifles have Leupolds on them and I did some shooting with a 22 that day at 100 yds. With the intensity scope I could see the 22 holes in the paper. With my 3.5 x 10 and 2.5 x 8 Leupolds I could not.
It hasn't had enough hunting hours on it to see how it holds up. But the adjustments were true and it is very clear in broad daylight.

Offline lonewolf5348

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 08:03:30 PM »
I mounted it on the 243 cal. I should have it out on the range this coming weekend.
I find up to 8 power the scope is clear as a bell at 9@10 it may loose a little on clarity but I also have problem with my shooting eye I seem more then one scope the cross hairs were not clear to me but to other shooters they found it to be excellent.
The 1/4" clicks are tight and the should not be that much recoil on the 243 cal.
I seem happy for the 50.00 spent on the scope and for deer hunting 5x is all that is needed for the N.E. woods