Author Topic: Lee Molds  (Read 726 times)

Offline steg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
Lee Molds
« on: June 19, 2010, 01:55:58 AM »
Personally I like Lee molds, and I have acquired quite a few, the reason this is here is that if you go to the Lee site and price the molds, most single and double molds go for around $29.00 and they give you a three week waiting period for the product. What I have been doing is just going to the gun shop and giving him the info on the mold I want he then orders it and I receive it within a week at a cost of $20.00, unsure how this happens but I'm sure he's making money on the transaction also. I am getting ready to order a lee loadall, in 12 Ga, with a set of extra .410 bore dies, the price should be around $90.00 give or take, I'll keep you informed on the actual price when I receive it. I can't do it this month, I have the retirement check stretched too far now, LOL but I'll order them the first of the month................steg

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Lee Molds
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 04:32:41 AM »
Check out Midway, Midsouth, and Grafs. All can get you Lee equipment for a good price and ship it right to your door.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline steg

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 07:41:15 AM »
Thanks Nobade, I only ever checked out the lee site in itself, it still seems strange though........steg

Offline lee1954

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 08:15:09 AM »
If you order a Lee mold from Midsouth and Have any urge it shoot light .223 or hornet loads -- the Bator 22 is worth the $20  they get for the costom mold...          Dan

Offline BCall

• Trade Count: (45)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 08:17:30 AM »
Most all companies use retail pricing on their websites. That is not what I would call "street" pricing, just retail. They do this in order to keep their distributors and dealers happy. Most dealers would not be willing to sell a product if the manufacturer was selling it cheaper and thus undercutting them on pricing.

I would like to see how you are getting a set of .410 dies for the Lee Load-All though, as Lee only makes them in 12, 16, and 20 gauge. If you have found a way to get them to make .410 ones, I would like to buy one. Billy

Offline steg

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 07:12:03 PM »
BCall, that was my mistake, I just took it for granted that they supplied one, can't figgure out why they don't, I think the'yd sell like hotcakes.....steg