Author Topic: FORE!!!  (Read 650 times)

Offline irishman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
    • Brooks-USA
FORE!!!
« on: June 19, 2010, 04:08:13 PM »
A new GB to our line of Golf Ball launchers. The barrel is from 3.5" diameter Brass Rod. It is 6" long. The bore is 2 dia. deep, which makes for a "meaty" barrel.

I am starting to get more comfortable with wood working and will be adding more and more.

The complete gun weights 21 pounds. The width is 6 3/4 X 11 long. It is 7 1/2 high.

Michael

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: FORE!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 04:28:54 PM »
What is the size of the powder chamber?
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline irishman

• Contributor
    • Brooks-USA
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 05:10:48 PM »
George,

The chamber is 13/16  15/16 deep

Offline JeffG

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 06:24:23 AM »
Very nice!!!
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff

Offline CV66Slim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 06:17:34 PM »
That looks like the beginnings of a great looking thundermug.

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 06:33:28 PM »
That looks like the beginnings of a great looking thundermug.

Hello CV66slim (kittyhawk)you know you only make a first impression once ...............     

Tell us a little about yourself ?  We would love to hear of your cannonage ?

Gary
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline CV66Slim

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 04:02:29 PM »

Hello CV66slim (kittyhawk)you know you only make a first impression once ...............     

Tell us a little about yourself ?  We would love to hear of your cannonage ?
[/quote]

I live in the Wichita area and don't know anyone else around here that has the same interest in cannons except for one guy shooting a shot-put out of the equivalent of a pipe bomb. I don't have any machining experience or the access to equipment so I am forced to buy. I would have to blame my uncle for my interest in black powder and Cannonmn's video for hooking me on thundermugs. I would like to see more of what Terry C and Cat Whisperer have hidden away. Last spring Terry built a great looking mug.

I have a Dominick-built thundermug, and a firecracker cannon and GB Coehorn built by the Irishman. I think the thundermug is my favorite just because I love to hear a big bang. Irishman's Coehorn is a work of art and it sure scares people into thinking it is going to let out a giant boom. I am talking to both men about more mugs to add to the collection. I am hoping Irishman can put a unique idea together for me in brass, though I could just about settle for the above mortar made as a mug. One of my unique mug ideas came to mind after seeing Cat's hex GB mortar.

I made a lot of noise at Stearman Field in Benton, KS last weekend with my mug and probably startled a lot of people with my wimpy 500 grains and bread wadding. I was answering back to one gentleman's extremely rusty mug at the other end of the field that should re-bored or thrown in the trash. He fires the mug and throws it on the shelf dirty.

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 04:13:37 PM »
Welcome CV66Slim  ! This is the place ! Thunder mugs ? I may have to bash one up ! ;D
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.