Author Topic: Any "quirks" to the Remington 7615 pump cal.223?  (Read 1424 times)

Offline hansg/Ups

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Any "quirks" to the Remington 7615 pump cal.223?
« on: June 20, 2010, 10:54:36 AM »
Any "quirks" to the Remington 7615  cal. 223?
It supposedly uses AR 15 mags.

Any ammo style or weight preferences?,trigger pull?,etc?
Thanks for the help.

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
Re: Any "quirks" to the Remington 7615 pump cal.223?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 01:21:15 PM »
I have one that I purchased on a whim for woodchucks (I firmly believe one can never have too many varmint rifles)
The 7615 is more accurate than I had hoped!
The barrel has a 1 in 9 twist rate that will stabilize heavier bullets.  The barrel is also free floated.
The trigger group is the same as a Rem 870 and a good shotgun smith can get the trigger adjusted properly.
I was in a GM store in Houston area a week or so back and noticed one at a price I darn near bought a second one.

Offline hansg/Ups

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 10:46:56 AM »
Thanks for the information.When the rifle finally comes[bought it online],I'm going to put a flash suppressor on it[glaucoma] and a pivot scope mount with a low power variable scope[and heavy duplex].
Ought to work on varmints in the garden and orchard. I figure ball
[fmj] ammo will still ruin a critter's day.

Offline mannyrock

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 10:55:09 AM »

I have not heard of any quirks, but I did research these alot last year, and received two particular comments many times.

1.   You have to use high quality mags with these rifles. Otherwise, they will jam. (no real surprise).  So, forget buying aftermarket junk mags or used mags.

2.   You have to really work the action back and forth briskly, with a good "snap", or otherwise they will jam.  No problem doing this standing up, but if you are trying to shoot prone, then it really takes some practice and technique.  This is what steered me away from these rifles.

Hope this info helps.

Mannyrock