Author Topic: Ghost loading  (Read 1187 times)

Offline simplicity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Ghost loading
« on: June 24, 2010, 03:34:03 AM »
I just learned about ghost loading or floating a round in a shotgun. It basically will give you a extra shell in your gun by haveing a round already on the lifter. I know the mossberg 930, fn slp, win.sx2 and browning gold will allow to be done. I don't have any remingtons or pumps to try this with.  I also was wondering if  any does this on a regular basis or what guns they've been doing it with. I found out about it hearing about how to get a extra shell. Here is a youtube video showing how to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpyNoCnO4B4

Offline Scibaer

• Central Michigan, USA, Earth
  • Trade Count: (25)
  • FATE FAVORS THE WISE
Re: Ghost loading
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 04:02:43 AM »
i have a new 2009 remington 870 express with a slug barrel / bird barrel combo
 this ghost loading crap dont work in that.. i tried it a few times and it seems that the bolt carrier hits the shell thats on the lifter
 its a new gun and nto broken in yet
 i call ghost loading crap because there is simply no real world need for it
 hunting or tactical wise. its a trick and there is not a single reason why you'd want or need to float an extra shell and take the chance of jamming your gun ( bypassing the normal operation and function of your weapon is not very bright )
but having said that, maybe the mossbergs have different dimensions between the lifter and the bolt carrier and this trick is a bit more possible.

Offline simplicity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 04:16:30 AM »
well one reason I can see it is three gun competitions take for instance one I have coming up is ten buckshot plates to start off my slpmark holds 9 and one on the lifter is ten and I wouldn't have to reload on the first stage. The only place I've heard of it being done is in 3guns which the little bit of time saved could be the difference of placeing or not. I know the models I listed will ghost load. I was just trying to find out what others would do it as well thanx for chiming in the 870.

Offline Scibaer

• Central Michigan, USA, Earth
  • Trade Count: (25)
  • FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 03:02:54 AM »
good point  ;)