Author Topic: Sponsors and link list  (Read 328 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Sponsors and link list
« on: July 05, 2010, 07:29:55 AM »
At the top of our forum, you will find    
GBO Sponsors & Blackpowder Cannons links list

This post was originally started on January 3, 2003, in the first month of our forum, as the Blackpowder Mortar and cannon internet resource list. It  has been from its start one of the most viewed threads on GBO.   It was a collection of links to internet sources supporting our cannon shooting hobby.   Later as GBO grew and sponsors were added the first post was modified to list just the sponsors and the link list was moved into the first reply.

There seems to be some confusion about this list.  Only the links and synopsis in the first post are Sponsors.  They are the folks who pay the bills for us.  I encourage you to support them.  You will find a wide range of cannons for shooting from these folks and I encourage you support them.  Be sure when you order from them to thank them for sponsoring our board. As long as these folks are our sponsor, I will always "cheerlead"  for them, before recommending someone else. 

The first reply-second post is the link list.  The links in this first reply are not sponsors.  They do not contribute to this forum.   We include them only as a resource.  Their appearance on the link list is not a endorsement. If you contact one of them, be sure you tell them you saw their link on GBO and suggest they might want to become a sponsor.

Websites selling cannons that do not appear on the list-there are a couple of major suppliers who do not appear on the list.  They are not there on purpose.  A couple have some serious problems with how they do business, i.e., unfilled back orders, excessively long to refund, lost paid orders, and deceptive marketing.  If you find a website on the internet, that is not listed, post a link on the board and ask before you buy.  We are always looking for new links to add to the list. We also will let you know if there are problems before spend your money.