Author Topic: glock 19  (Read 1140 times)

Offline highwayman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
glock 19
« on: July 09, 2010, 05:09:01 PM »
well,i had too much trouble out of the bursa sooo i bought a glock 19 with a iwb tonight. like the fit of it and will tell you after this weekend how it shots. thinking of gold dots.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: glock 19
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 05:59:23 PM »
What was the nature of your troubles with your Bursa?   I think this is the first I have heard of anyone having problems with a Bursa other than that the .380's slide has been known to bite the web of the hand of folks with meaty hands.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline shot1

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 12:56:17 PM »
Once you get used to the Glock trigger you will love it. It goes bang every time and you have a lot of bangs in that magazine.  ;D 115 or 124 Gold Dots or Hornady XTP's are the way to go. I got a G-17 and wish now that I would have gotten the G-19.

Offline zeke08

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
You cant go wrong with a Glock they go bang everytime you pull the trigger. As I carry 1 everyday on patrol and have been to both armorer's classes please don't over lube it I see this alot. I use Mobil 1 synthetic oil 10w 30 and it only requires 3 drops of oil 1 on each side of the slide and 1 drop on the drop safety.(not that you don't know this just have to say it) If  you are using for cc have you looked at the RBCD ammo its little pricey but for stopping power the 77gr almost 1700fts round makes awesome wound channel and does not get hung up in bulky clothes. Enjoy years of shooting with your Glock. they have also lowered the price on their 32rd mags for 9mm I just bought 3 and they feed perfectly in both my 19 and 26.
There are very few problems that can't be solved with the proper application of High Explosives!

If there is trouble let it be in my day, but let my kids have peace. Thomas Pane

NRA Life Member since 09

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 11:54:51 AM »
If you shoot a 9mm, get a gun that holds the maximum number of rounds.  If you start shooting at someone, you'll need lots and lots of rounds.  I personally don't get the hype about 9mm.  Compact size and high capacity magazines bedamned, I want a round with sufficient authority to stop and assailant before he can shoot back.  The military chose it because it's NATO approved, (I say screw NATO), a soldier can carry more rounds because they weigh less, and even whimps can handle the recoil.  They chose the .223 for the same reasons. 

For military applications, I agree to some extent.  An enemy soldier shot with a 9mm or .223 is a wounded enemy that stops fighting and requires other enemy troops to look after him.  That's not true on American streets, where evil drives the perpetrators, not politics.   

Here at home, off the battlefield, I want a heavy strike that does not require multiple hits to stop a person who has made himself a serious threat to me or mine.  I'm in the minority with that opinion, I know.  Most people have a mindset that if it's easy to carry, easy to handle, and they'll probably never need it anyway, a 9mm or 5-shot scandium is all they need.  But wait until you DO need it.  Then, whatever firearm you have, will be too small. 

"A small gun is better than no gun, is the modern notion."  I can't argue with that.  I'm just saying that a .357, .44, or .45 are the calibers you will wish you carried if you ever need to shoot someone.  If you truly intend to survive a gunfight, if you are actually serious about defending yourself, you won't carry a 9mm.       

Offline photobear

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 03:25:23 PM »
deleted

Offline S.S.

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 04:15:30 PM »
Carried a Glock 19 on duty for a lot of years and never once had a malfunction.
147 grain hydra-shok is the one and only factory round I carried.
It is an excellent handgun. While not a powerhouse, the 9mm is adequate.
marksmanship is always the key. I now carry a mdl 27 but the mdl 19 is close by.
1911 govt model is my favorite but the older I get, the heavier it gets.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline countryrebel

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 09:04:58 PM »
If you shoot a 9mm, get a gun that holds the maximum number of rounds.  If you start shooting at someone, you'll need lots and lots of rounds.  I personally don't get the hype about 9mm.  Compact size and high capacity magazines bedamned, I want a round with sufficient authority to stop and assailant before he can shoot back.  The military chose it because it's NATO approved, (I say screw NATO), a soldier can carry more rounds because they weigh less, and even whimps can handle the recoil.  They chose the .223 for the same reasons. 

For military applications, I agree to some extent.  An enemy soldier shot with a 9mm or .223 is a wounded enemy that stops fighting and requires other enemy troops to look after him.  That's not true on American streets, where evil drives the perpetrators, not politics.   

Here at home, off the battlefield, I want a heavy strike that does not require multiple hits to stop a person who has made himself a serious threat to me or mine.  I'm in the minority with that opinion, I know.  Most people have a mindset that if it's easy to carry, easy to handle, and they'll probably never need it anyway, a 9mm or 5-shot scandium is all they need.  But wait until you DO need it.  Then, whatever firearm you have, will be too small. 

"A small gun is better than no gun, is the modern notion."  I can't argue with that.  I'm just saying that a .357, .44, or .45 are the calibers you will wish you carried if you ever need to shoot someone.  If you truly intend to survive a gunfight, if you are actually serious about defending yourself, you won't carry a 9mm.       

I carry a 9mm and I am very serious about SD. If you think something magical with a .40 or 45acp is going to happen over a 9mm then you are sadly mistaken.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 02:58:56 AM »
A big hole is not magic---it is just a better way to communicate that the discussion has ended.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline mrussel

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 09:04:25 PM »
well,i had too much trouble out of the bursa sooo i bought a glock 19 with a iwb tonight. like the fit of it and will tell you after this weekend how it shots. thinking of gold dots.

I personally dont like the feel of glocks (or the look of them) but I cant argue they are very good guns. I know people that swear by them.

Offline mrussel

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 09:14:53 PM »

"A small gun is better than no gun, is the modern notion."  I can't argue with that.  I'm just saying that a .357, .44, or .45 are the calibers you will wish you carried if you ever need to shoot someone.  If you truly intend to survive a gunfight, if you are actually serious about defending yourself, you won't carry a 9mm.      

Thats a little extreme however I do agree,whatever you have,if you have to use it,you will wish you had something bigger. Thats a very true sentiment. Once you find you need it,all that consideration wont seem like it was a good idea. Still,there are limits. A skinny 4'11" tall woman will have a hard time hiding a full sized 1911 on her body if shes going to the beach. You just may not allways be able to carry as much gun as you would like. I allways say,if it comes to me having to pull the trigger with a gun pointed at someone,I hope there is a 12ga shotgun in my hands. Anything less is less than I would like. Still,I carry a 1911 instead of a 12ga becuase the 1911 is concealable and the 12 ga is usually impractical to carry.