Author Topic: Lee Case Trimmer...got to gripe  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Lost Oki

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Lee Case Trimmer...got to gripe
« on: July 10, 2010, 07:41:31 AM »
Several months ago I purchased a Lee Precision Case Trimmer in 357 Mag.  When I get around to taking it out of the packing I found that it is a 38 special length gauge(stamped 357).  Ok, no one is perfect and I have never had an issue with any of the items from Lee.  Tried to contact them but unless you can call during business hours (a guess) the phone rings and rings, no answering machine, no nothing.  E-mail address did not work for me.  Ok, SO I buy another trimmer, different source, months later....got it yesterday....same thing....Now I am upset.  I send off a polite e-mail to reloading supply house to let them know what I have found and ask them to check their stock...Hey, label says 357 mag, trimmer is stamped same, how can you blame them.
Still have not been able to contact Lee.  Anyone got a good email address ??????  I have 20 or 30 items I have purchased from Lee and they have always been right on, easy to use and many I have had for 30 yrs.....GRIPE GRIPE GRIPE.....Now I feel better, cases are not getting trimmed but I feel better....Need an e-mail address or Phone Number (have tried their web info with no luck)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Lee Case Trimmer...got to gripe
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 08:19:03 AM »
A couple months ago I broke a carbide insert on a 44mag die set, my fault  ::), sent an email to info@leeprecision.com They replied the same day asking me to send them the die body, I did, a week or so later I got a new die body in the mail.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Lost Oki

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:26:15 AM »
I have tried that e-mail address, I cannot get it to go thru ?  but will try again

Offline Lost Oki

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 11:36:28 AM »
Quick, thanks.  copy and pasted the link you had and it worked....who knows....thanks

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 11:47:47 AM »
I believe they will take good care of you....so far they have been great when I contacted them, more than once sending me something free when it was my fault it broke....

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 11:55:07 AM »
Lost Oki,

Perhaps, if you copied and pasted it the way it appears on their website, you might have accidently included the period at the end, which, if you look closely, isn't part of the link itself.

From the LEE Website:
If you still can't find the answer to your question, email us at info@leeprecision.com.

At any rate, from past experience with them, I would expect a timely reply and a fast resolution.

Bill

Offline 1sourdough

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 01:36:32 AM »
 By all means contact them, they should be open today. Yes I do have a few Lee trimmers for handgun, not that I have used them. Unless your going for uniformity for a firm crimp 357 brass should not need much trimming. You can also use the .357 trim stem without the shell holder in place to trim the longer brass, you have to measure for length as you trim. I do this to use one caliber stem for any case with that neck diameter,(.308 stem for 308,30-06,300wsm etc..)
NRA, Veteran

Offline Lost Oki

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 03:10:37 PM »
Got my new trimmer gauge from Lee today.  Great services. 
However, its the same as the one I have.  I pulled out the two reloading manuals I have
an double checked, then checked again.  I Put the gauge in a brand new case that is the correct length.  I would
have to trim (eyeballing it) an 1/8 of an inch.  Screwed it in to the holder.  Perfect for my 38 special
cases.  I sent an E-mail along with pictures back to Lee.   
Picture showed old gauge by 357 case, by the end of my calibers after I measured the depth,
and the new gauge screwed into the handle to the proper length...with a nice gap. 

If someone has a 357 trim gauge, can you check the length, I am starting to wonder what the heck is
going on.

Don't get me wrong....I have a lot of Lee reloading equipment including a hand held priming tool
that I bought back in 1973.  It has seen a lot of cases and primers and still works great.  They have always made great
products with great prices.
Note:  Lee responded the next work day once I got the e-mail address right, gauge a week later.  No e-mail from the place where I bought it.

Offline 1sourdough

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 04:03:01 PM »
 Are you using the correct shellholder that stops the cutting to the correct trim length?? The small stem hits it to limit trim length.
NRA, Veteran

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 04:08:35 PM »
Did a fast check on one of mine and it measures 1.286" from the shoulder to end of pin.

Bill

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 04:43:22 PM »
Here's a couple pictures of what mine looks like:

Bill