Author Topic: The pop up Chey Ad  (Read 2241 times)

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • "HALLOWED GROUND" by RRC
Re: The pop up Chey Ad
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2010, 12:15:32 PM »
FYI: I have Webroot AntiVirus with Spy Sweeper and a firewall. Zero, zip, nada has come through for days now. Everything stopped popping and jumping up on screen but I still get the banner ads on top which are fine with me. I did nothing with "cookies". Wouldn't know how to anyway. I never touched a thing.
Protect Freedom of Speech; to identify IDIOTS!

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2010, 02:33:47 PM »
The simplest thing to do about the footer is to put the close button on the left side of the page instead of the right side.  That way it would be visible no matter what the screen resolution was.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline jeeper1

• A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 07:14:53 AM »
The original ads did not bother me too much but the latest one has sound and no close button. I am now irritated by them enough that I WILL NEVER BUY A GM PRODUCT AGAIN.....................................................
I may not be completely sane, but at least I don't think I have the power to influence the weather.

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 07:22:18 AM »
I saw that one too , but there is a close button but it is nearly the same color as the background ,so its hard to see .

They been popping up on me today .
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline Max Caliber

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 07:45:22 AM »
As the young people say, the Chevy ads "sucks". My last Rifleman magazine had a big section of Chevy ads in it and I almost had to destroyed the magazine ripping it out. The last chevy I bought was a 1998 Astro van and it was a piece of junk. No more Chevy's for me.
Max

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • "HALLOWED GROUND" by RRC
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2010, 08:26:47 AM »
I can see where the forum doesn't need my nickels & dimes as a supporter any longer, with Chevy and the bimbo floating around on my screen like tirds in a punch bowl >:(
Protect Freedom of Speech; to identify IDIOTS!

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 10:23:02 AM »
That Chevy advertising must be working - Last nite I had a dream about buying a new chevy pick up, and that blond hottie with the bow was already in the truck, ready to roll...... ;D

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline dan610324

• bronze cannons and copper stills ;-))
    • dont have
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2010, 01:42:52 PM »
today Ive seen it for the first time
ok 4 times so far
will it pop up a few more times I will close down and go to bed
and will sure never buy a chevy as I only seen a man  ;D
Dan Pettersson
a swedish cannon maniac
interested in early bronze guns

better safe than sorry

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 02:44:21 PM »
All Darn Day , annoying as hell . :(
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 07:28:55 PM »
When I came on the site I was accosted by a video image of some overweight guy in a camo shirt thankfully there
was an X in the upper corner to close it......
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2010, 05:01:28 AM »
The video ad is currently set to run once every ten minutes you are online. Our statistics tell us the average visit time is between nine and ten minutes meaning those average visitors will see it once per visit on average.

Now folks like me who stay on for an hour or more at a time will naturally see it more often. You can close it or just click refresh and it will go away for ten minutes and it's that simple each time.

I can't address what it might be like for dial up users but our stats say that about 2% to 3% of our visitors are dial up users and the rest are on some type of high speed connection.

I see/hear it more times in a day than any of you other than Quickdtoo since he is the only one who spends more time on the site than me. Sure it's a small irritation but no biggy as it only lasts a few seconds and is very easy to make go away within a couple seconds of it showing up if that's what ya want to do.

We've still not gotten the first pay check from the new ads so we are not sure how much income they are gonna bring in. We're under contract for the dashboard and video thru the end of this year and the header ad thru the end of this month. At those times we will reevaluate the income from them and decide if we want to renew right now yes we desperately need the income.

Matt is building a new home up behind my house and it's taking all the money both of us have and we still are having to pay the regular bills. It's already pretty clear to me the two at bottom aren't gonna pay what we were lead to believe they were but we do need to know what they will pay once they are in proper operation for a month and they now are.

The dashboard is set to display three times per 24 hours and the video once every ten minutes of active online time. It is just too quick and easy to make go away to be as big a deal as you guys on this one forum are making it out to be.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline smokemjoe

• Avid Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2010, 06:22:19 PM »
I have a new 64 bit computor, I have no troubles with  pop ups,but I have had 3 new ford truck, 2chevs. Got now a ford car and a chev. truck, I do like my chev. truck.

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2010, 07:54:31 PM »
I havn't minded them near as much since I actually watched the lady let fly her arrow ....All her clothes fall right off !

It's sublimanal ....Oh yea , But if you got a frisky mind it happens every time ...OH YEA !

Gary

YMMV

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 04:33:45 PM »
These pop up ads are what pay the bills and keep GBO operating, they are here to stay.  There is a way you can avoid the ads-become a subscriber.

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2010, 06:51:33 PM »
I'm a suporter , Subscriber ?  Maybe a good way to pay the fare and not be blasted by nonstop nonsence .

What's the fee for a subscriber ?

Offline Double D

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2010, 07:14:56 PM »
Try clicking on profile at the top of the forum and look for a link called paid subscriptions?

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2010, 06:07:36 AM »
Profile brings up my profile . Under sponsers it just lists sponsers .

I'll keep looking .

Offline Double D

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2010, 06:25:47 AM »
Profile brings up my profile . Under sponsers it just lists sponsers .

I'll keep looking .

Under profile, down the left side is a list of options under modify profile is an option paid subscriptions.

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2010, 06:39:18 AM »
OK ! now I found it .