Author Topic: Center Point SR22 22 Rimfire Scope  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
Center Point SR22 22 Rimfire Scope
« on: July 25, 2010, 07:47:39 AM »
I recently traded for a new Savage Model 64 .22 and my son surprised me with a new scope for it. It's a Center Point SR22 .22 Rimfire 3 x 9 x 32. It has the either red or green lighted mil-dot reticle and came with rings and flipup lens covers included. Wally World carries it for around $60. I did some reading up on it and read a ton of reviews without finding a bad word. Seems everbody really likes it. I'll mainly use the rifle for squirrel hunting and varmint control. The combo should do nicely for that. A friend has a Center Point, can't remember what model, on his deer rifle and said he loves it as well. Said it out performs some of his higher dollar scopes. Any of you all have the SR22 and if so how do you like your's?

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Center Point SR22 22 Rimfire Scope
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 07:57:29 AM »
I can't buy a scope from a blister pack. I have to know if it has the quick-focus eyepiece,  if it doesn't, I see 2 sets of cross hairs.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Center Point SR22 22 Rimfire Scope
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 11:59:58 AM »
I have a center point but it is the 4x16 and the front lense goes from 5 yrds out to inf it is lighted red or green was around 70.00 at walley world. It is clear, gathers good light with no problems, windage and elevation is like a sniper scope. the only thing I dont like about it is that it adds a lot of weight to rifle. thing must weigh at least 1 1/2 lbs. I took it off my Ruger number 1 because it just added more weight to the already heavy gun. I have a standard taper 22-250 encore barrel coming and will give it a try on that one and see how it works out. As far as the scope goes price wise I have no complaints except for weight and it is a good value for the money.

Deaconllb
Korean war vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing K14 Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defense Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the  CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.