Author Topic: What will the economic impact of the exodus of illegals from AZ be?  (Read 6006 times)

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
I'd expect the unemployment rate to change for the better as citizens take the jobs that illegals are leaving. Relative to the change in the national average of course. As citizens will be paid more and on the books, prices should rise. Prisons should empty. Emergency room wait times should drop dramatically. What else?

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What will the economic impact of the exodus of illegals from AZ be?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 12:26:02 PM »
your taxes will go up to cover legal cost , transportation cost , feeding the ones in jail etc.

This country has let things get out of hand and to get back on track will cost generations to come more wealth than the generations who abused it took in the first place !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline beerbelly

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 03:55:21 PM »
Sending them back is a hell of a lot cheaper than letting them stay here!
                      Beerbelly

Offline powderman

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 04:42:54 PM »
Crime rates would drop drastically, less crowding in our schools, you could probably go into a restaurant or fast food joint and actually understand the person taking your order, and they would understand you. YEP, things would definitely be looking up. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline southernutah

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 06:04:31 PM »
restaurants and fast food places here already had less hispanic workers, don't have as many on the streets and jail booking either

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 02:49:29 AM »
Sending them back is a hell of a lot cheaper than letting them stay here!
                      Beerbelly

That a guess or you got figures to back it up ? If you have them share them. When the illegals stop working on farms , construction sites , in homes as domestic help etc who will do it ? The reason they are here is because no one would do the work for what the jobs paid. All of these cost will go up. As those cost go up yu will pay more for products you buy and services you want .
 Also with your line of thinking should we pick the next race of people that have a large number of criminals in their population and kick them out also ?
 I would like to see our borders respected and the illegals sent home  also but it needs to be in a cost effective way not another bail out open ended type of way !

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 03:58:05 AM »
Okay, what would be the cost effective way, etc., etc?  My idea would be to stop allowing illegals to mooch off our services; really get serious about checking for citizenship for job applications and in any way possible discourage illegals from coming here in the first place.

From what is being reported on the news, a good number of illegal invaders are leaving Arizona voluntarily, because of the new law.  That has to be pretty cost effective if it continues.  It might not be so good for the other states, but Arizona has shown the way.

Will American and legal invaders (green cards) take up the slack when illegals leave?  I think they will if and when unemployment benefits runs out.
Swingem

Offline powderman

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 04:01:56 AM »
All of these cost will go up. As those cost go up yu will pay more for products you buy and services you want .

Farm wages went up here for several years til the mexicans came in then wages dropped. There are plenty of American willing and able to do the work the illegals do. I know personally that a lot of American will not work with illegals because they know what they are and have pride in America. I don't mind paying a bit more to put tax paying AMERICANS to work. Unemployment drops, American workers wages stay in America, not sent South to the invaders homes. Americans spend their money here, creating more jobs. I'd like to see every single one of these invaders GONE. They and the muslims are a cancer, a drain on society.
We need a PR campaign to pit the  2 against each other. Maybe convince the invaders that muslims are buying up and hoarding all the bean and taco reserves to starve them out. Then convince the muslims that  the mexicans are buying and hoarding all the goats and camels, creating the fear that they would have to find another outlet for their, uhhhhh, hmmmm, pleasures????? Maybe even their women. Find em, deport em, a no lose situation. POWDERMAN.  :P :P
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 04:02:53 AM »
I think they will if and when unemployment benefits runs out.

Perhaps but I doubt it.  The work is too hard for most.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Brett

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 04:52:24 AM »
I think they will if and when unemployment benefits runs out.

Perhaps but I doubt it.  The work is too hard for most.

Harder than living in a cardboard box and starving?  Ween the lazy of the government tit and they will have to go to work.

As far as the cost of things going up... maybe so, but maybe taxes can come down if the number of people living on some form of government hand out is cut drastically.  We (the working class consumer) pay either way you look at it.  I would rather pay more for my fresh veggies than pay for an illegal's medical bills and kid's educations while some lazy @$$ American sits at home collecting more of my tax dollars.    
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 05:22:31 AM »
Schools, medical cost, food stamps, WIC, And all the other government services that is used by illegials.  That is where the savings will be.

I visited Del Rio Texas a few years back.  Every morning large numbers of families crossed the border to go shop at Wal-Mart.  Wal-Mart ran a bus just for Mexican shoppers from the border to the store in Del Rio, and back.  When they got to the store the kids walked down the street to the local school.  The adults that came with them spent the day there at the Mall.  In the afternoon the kids walked back to the Mall and met the adults.  Then they all took the bus back to the border.  Cheap way to get your kid a good education.  I commend the Mexican parents for doing what they needed to do to get a good education for their kids.  But look at who is paying for it.  Now you can understand why the Mexican President does not want anything done about the border. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 05:49:29 AM »
1. This is all a waste of time and money till our border is secure.  It's like bailing water with a sieve.

2.  There will be some major negative economic impacts.  Teachers, nurses, etc..... are going to lose their jobs.  Farmers are going to lose their farms (cheap labor goes bye bye and so do a LOT of the mouths that eat it). Houses will be foreclosed on when they can't be sold and the top dollar renters are gone.  The marked for used panel vans and F-350's will also drop drasticly.  ;)
This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline beerbelly

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 07:01:58 AM »
  The reason they are here is because no one would do the work for what the jobs paid.

The jobs paid more before the Mexicans showed up and under cut local labor! A lot of guys around here have been raising hell , they had worked in the home building trades, at about $15 an hour, until the illegal's showed up and under cut them. now most all jobs you see are illegal’s.
    One guy I know was going to add a room to his house. The guy gave him a bid and showed up the next day with a bunch of illegal’s to do the work. My friend said he was calling ICE and told the guy they were not going to work on his house. The illegal’s were gone when he said he was calling ICE.
  The man said if he wanted Americans to do the job he would have to up the bid. My friend told him he would just get some one else to do the work. He then agreed to do it for the same price, but grumbled he would not make much off the job.
                              Beerbelly

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 07:40:42 AM »
Again I ask for proof of wages going down , In construction they did not . What did happen was production went up for the wages paid.
 As an example a brick mason on site with us told his all American labor crew they had one day to pick up the pace . They did not so he fired all 5 next morning he had a 3 man hispanic crew working. They got more per man but the 3 did more than the 5.
 Open your eyes and see what is going on .
 Don't get caugh up in protecting workers who slack. Look at the Buy American ads the auto industry put out all the while building junk and asking more for it.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 07:59:45 AM »
So now our illegal alien apologist is saying Americans are slow and lazy. Tell that to my friend in the concrete pouring buisiness. His crew (not an illegal in the bunch) can pour concrete faster and more accurately then any other crew around. He was smart enough to invest in power equipment to speed up the process and take the labor load off of his employees so the skilled guys hang around. Many of our factories are avoiding automation because of cheap and expendable illegal invader labor.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 08:17:31 AM »
Billy many good Americans are in business and work hard . I consider myself in that group . Ask your friend how many people he went thru. to get a good crew . Consider also those of us Americans working our azz off are footing the bill for the rest who do little. And yes i feel i have a right to say so .

Offline powderman

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 08:23:13 AM »
BEERBELLY, BILLY. Good posts, true. The walmart I worked at remodeled. A lot of the work was mexicans. They put in water fountains that didn't even come to my kneecap, and  others about waist high. The bathrooms were a huge joke. Stall put in within an inch or so of the stool on one side and 2 ft away on the other. Sinks were put in with spouts that were loose and actually fell off. Toilets seats put in with lids, and automatic flush eyes, you had to close the lid to flush. As they worked all you could hear was yabba dabba doo all day. Walmart refused to pay til the work was done properly. The companies had to bring in American workers to fix all the screwups done by the mexicans. Did they save any money??? NOPE, just hurt the companies name by supplying sub standard labor and doing inferior work.
Like Beerbelly said, and so have I, farm labor was never a problem here getting help, til the mexican came along. A pallet factory in Tompkinsville fired all American workers and hired mexicans to do the work. Where do you think the wages went??? Certainly not spent in America. Cheap labor??? Good riddance. I wish every state would follow AZ. Round em up, ship em out.  POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 08:42:50 AM »
I have seen such with American workers also but then anyone who drove an American made car in the 70's has also. I had a Hispanic man ( with good papers) who could lay out buildings as well as anyone . He was good at his trade . When you start talking about botched jobs it falls in the lap of the company owners they should inspect the work they are paying workers to do . Think about this with employment as high as it is there are few qualifyed people responding to ads for help. I have called laied off guys who won't work until their unemployment benifits run out .

Offline beerbelly

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 09:06:52 AM »
BS shootall, what I said is true at least here! There were locals doing the job, and then the Mexicans came in and under cut them!  My guess is you are a greedy contractor, making excuses for working Mexicans at slave labor wages! The damn Mexicans are here because of greed.
  I have seen their work and for the most part is very poor!
 My brother is an electrical contractor; I some times go out on his job sites. He will show me the substandard work the Mexicans are doing.  But the carpenter and brick contractors are cleaning up with cheap labor. Anyone hiring that scum should go to jail for no less than one year and never be allowed to have a license again!
                                    Beerbelly

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 09:26:39 AM »
Again I ask for proof of wages going down , In construction they did not . What did happen was production went up for the wages paid.
 As an example a brick mason on site with us told his all American labor crew they had one day to pick up the pace . They did not so he fired all 5 next morning he had a 3 man hispanic crew working. They got more per man but the 3 did more than the 5.
 Open your eyes and see what is going on .
 Don't get caught up in protecting workers who slack. Look at the Buy American ads the auto industry put out all the while building junk and asking more for it.

;D
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 09:34:53 AM »
beerbelly say BS if it makes you feel better but I work in construction everyday . I hire and fire . I check the work our employees do . I can assure there are good workers and bad on both sides .
Now you seem to know it all from a few site visits why don't you explain how those hireing can know who is illegal . They have what looks like good ID . We call in the numbers to Soical Security and get an approval that the ID holder is legal to work . A couple years later we get a letter saying the guy may not be legal and he needs to stop by SS and submit his ID to as they say clear up some paper work.
 And the slave labor wages is BS cause i set the pay and it is set at the same for all. Like I said often you get more work done. You have little real world knolege as most hispanics will leave one job for another for a quarter an hour raise or if they can work longer hours . You like so many think they want to be Americans , listen real good THEY DON"T ! . They want to make a bank roll and go home . With this money they can live in comfort the rest of their life . They are here for the money plain and simple . Would you walk 1000 miles to be a slave ? they wouldn't either . Are there some under paid maybe so just like others are also. But its not the norm here. Consider this most hispanics that worked for us went south when the big storm hit New O . They could make 26 per hr instead of the 18 here so the packed in and took off.
Slave wages you have no idea.
But that is a trait of hispanics they will work at any job not just what they deem good enough for them . They are after the money not the drama.
Maybe you were BSing about the cars - My dad picked up a new chevy and didn't get home before the brakes failed , My brother didn't get home because the carb stopped working because it loosened up and I had a transmission lose all its bolts going down the road . Quality yea that's pure BS .

I hate to say it but many of you don't realize the damage is already done , many can't get workers and the govt extended unemployment benifits . Whats wrong with this picture ?

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 10:22:42 AM »
Not to mention all the money that's pouring into the tax coffers that nobody can ever get back.  SHOOTALL's comments are right on the money.  I don't like it either.

Offline beerbelly

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 10:54:50 AM »
If you wait the apologist will have you believe the minority's built this country! Oh there were a few white guys around, I guess just mostly in the way. They sure as hell didn't need guys like Washington, Addams, and Franklin and so on! Hell we all know it was the minority’s that did it!
   Like I said some just want to justify working illegals to pad their own pockets.
                             Beerbelly

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 11:09:50 AM »
beerbelly why did you work/invest ? to line other peoples pockets ?
I suggest you open your eyes wide enough to see the problem not just the sympton . It ain't a race thing its a freedom vs soicalist thing . Anyone here knows who built this great country but its more important to know who and how they are destorying it .
Beerbelly who would want our economy destoried ? who would it sereve ? who would want our work ethic lowered ? who would gain from it ? I don't believe its the illegals do you really ? All they want is cash. Why wasn't the border closed after Regan ?

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 11:34:32 AM »
If you wait the apologist will have you believe the minority's built this country!

They did.....and most of them didn't get paid at all.  The Chinese did get a little for building the rail system.

Offline powderman

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 01:26:03 PM »
Too bad there were NO AMERICANS in new orleans to work for $26 per hour. I remember seeing men on tv down there complaining that they were laid off after the mexicans hit town and undercut their pay.
SHOOTALL. I got news for you my friend, America would not only survive without the illegals here, we could thrive. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 01:40:15 PM »
To paraphrase Johnny Depp, there are 2 kinds, Mexicans and Mexican'ts.

Offline jimster

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 02:08:21 PM »
Nobody will ever convince me I can't survive if all the illegals all left at once tonight. Things would adjust within a week in most places if not the hour.
For crying out loud, you think the way some people talk America is totally dependent on millions of people who don't belong here. It is not.
You don't have to deport them either, if you only just enforced all the laws on the fed books right now they would leave on their own. Much harsher than Arizona in my opinion, too bad we don't use it. If they did, no deportation needed, there would be no place for them to work.
The only other thing you would need to do after that is cut off the fed money to a whole bunch of people, they will do what all must do, they will find work to survive.  After that pass a law that let's people keep the pay in their paychecks, everyone would be surprised at how much even 10 bucks an hour is, if ya get to cash it before it winds up in one of the 15 columns off to the side of your gross pay, you know the place, that's where they suck all money out of your check so you can beg the boss for more money, which he doesn't have because he has the same deal plus regulations. 15 million people gone is less places for my taxes to go, less healthcare to provide, 15 million chances for other people to struggle for some money. People did not come here in the begining thinking things were easy or fair, they came to see what they could do without government getting in the way.

I mean really...people are worried about our economy taking a hit if 15+ million illegal people left all at once...I have to laugh, we lost more jobs than that and got trillions in the hole with them hanging out here while we elected idiots at every level of government. Logic says we will be just fine if they all left, how could things be any worse? They will get worse anyway, all the legislation ain't even kicked in yet.

I have survived years of crooks in Congress, presidents who could not qualify to run a small business, and the constant nagging of the far left progressives, you think I can't take the illegals all going home and leaving us?  I would not even blink, and any business held up by illegals worth it's salt won't blink either, they will find a way or go away.

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 12:19:10 AM »
But that is a trait of hispanics they will work at any job not just what they deem good enough for them . They are after the money not the drama.

I find that to be true in my field also. The factory I work in employs ~1100 people and ~75% of the population on the manufacturing floor are 1st or 2nd generation Hispanic, ~10% Filipino, the rest being a mix (all are required to be here legally). Only ~5% are white Americans who have had families here for multiple generations.

I've had more bad attitudes, rabble-rousing, attendance problems, complaining about how they're being 'screwed by the company' and general lousy work ethics displayed by white Americans than anyone else. They just seem to be, on average, prima donnas who feel that whatever position they have or wage they earn is not good enough (but won't make any effort to train to improve themselves). I've had to push for the dismissal of 13 people in the last 5 years and 8 of them were white folks (Keep in mind that only ~5% of the people working under me are white).

I attribute the above to the fact that many of us white Americans come from middle-class or affluent families where Dad and Grandpa made a good living with full benefits for most of their careers. Some of us seem to feel that we're entiled to the same, without ever having to get dirt under our fingernails. Not a one of the younger white kids I've hired has been worth a darn; more intersted in playing with their phones than working.

On the other hand, the majority of the non-whites I work with come from a poor background and are thankful for the opportunity to make a better life for themselves. Most have a solid work ethic and put in 8 hours' work for 8 hours' pay. They're not looking for a spot of oil on the floor to slip on so they can sue the company; they just want to quietly do their work and be able to come back tomorrow to do it again.

Fortunately, we as a country have plenty of legal, hard working immigrants who are "willing to do the jobs Americans won't do." Most of those I work with agree that we don't need any illegals competing for jobs that either they or their kids need.

IMO, more young Americans need to be willing to start out at the bottom and work their way up, not just assume that they're entiled to the best job the country has to offer without having to pay their dues to get it.
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 02:28:04 AM »
Nobody will ever convince me I can't survive if all the illegals all left at once tonight. Things would adjust within a week in most places if not the hour.
For crying out loud, you think the way some people talk America is totally dependent on millions of people who don't belong here. It is not.
You don't have to deport them either, if you only just enforced all the laws on the fed books right now they would leave on their own. Much harsher than Arizona in my opinion, too bad we don't use it. If they did, no deportation needed, there would be no place for them to work.
The only other thing you would need to do after that is cut off the fed money to a whole bunch of people, they will do what all must do, they will find work to survive.  After that pass a law that let's people keep the pay in their paychecks, everyone would be surprised at how much even 10 bucks an hour is, if ya get to cash it before it winds up in one of the 15 columns off to the side of your gross pay, you know the place, that's where they suck all money out of your check so you can beg the boss for more money, which he doesn't have because he has the same deal plus regulations. 15 million people gone is less places for my taxes to go, less healthcare to provide, 15 million chances for other people to struggle for some money. People did not come here in the begining thinking things were easy or fair, they came to see what they could do without government getting in the way.

I mean really...people are worried about our economy taking a hit if 15+ million illegal people left all at once...I have to laugh, we lost more jobs than that and got trillions in the hole with them hanging out here while we elected idiots at every level of government. Logic says we will be just fine if they all left, how could things be any worse? They will get worse anyway, all the legislation ain't even kicked in yet.

I have survived years of crooks in Congress, presidents who could not qualify to run a small business, and the constant nagging of the far left progressives, you think I can't take the illegals all going home and leaving us?  I would not even blink, and any business held up by illegals worth it's salt won't blink either, they will find a way or go away.

Nice read but the question was enomic cost and it will be alot you can bank on that .