Author Topic: What will the economic impact of the exodus of illegals from AZ be?  (Read 6020 times)

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What will the economic impact of the exodus of illegals from AZ be?
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2010, 04:28:23 AM »
They did not so he fired all 5 next morning he had a 3 man hispanic crew working. They got more per man but the 3 did more than the 5.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!   Does ANYONE believe that he paid more per man for the "hispanic" crew?

These are directed at the people that are viewing the immigrants with hate and disgust.

Very deceptive.  I don't think any were talking about "immigrants", but rather criminal "illegals". 

I read that over 20% of our military is now hispanics

Again, very deceptive.  What does a statistic about "hispanics" (whatever that means) have to do with a discussion of "illegals"?

Where does it say "Scorn thy Mexican?", "Punish thy neighbor for being of Latino Decent?"

Still more of the dishonesty.  I haven't seen anyone here complaining of AMERICANS who happen to be of Latino descent.  To me, and I think most here, an American is an American, whereever their ancestors came from.  Now, Illegals are a whole other matter.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2010, 06:48:40 AM »

You don't seem to understand the concept of the word ILLEGAL, what part of that word do you not understand?????POWDERMAN.  :o :o

I have said repeatedly that I am FOR sealing our borders and kicking out the illegals.  What I don't like is name calling, bigotry, and blind hate or people that think that the expulsion of these people will have no negative impact on us.

They are not indicative of a group as a whole or a government.

The comparison is invalid.

This is OUR government and we have to hold ourselves accountable for it's actions.  What you propose seems kind of like hiring a hit man then saying BUT HE DID IT!!!

@ Casull

1. If he was paying per job (as most do in sub-contract situation) then they would be getting more per man. 
2. Illegal or not, hate and disgust directed at people who are trying to better themselves is foolish at best and clinical at worst.
3. I agree.
4. You left out the part of the quote that kind of wrapped it all together.  These people did nothing wrong except be born a few yards south.

"Thou shalt be born American." 

I guess that what it boils down to for me is that the illegal immigration problem is a security issue.  I don't see the vast, vast majority of them as being bad or evil people.  The ones that are should be hunted down, serve jail time and/or be executed depending on their crime.  The ones that are leaching off of our prosperity should be deported.  The ones that are working and contributing are doing more for us than the millions of Welfare leaches that have turned procreation into sustainable income and laziness into an art form.  Maybe we should legalize the workers and send the leaches to Mexico? 
This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline Casull

« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2010, 07:04:34 AM »
@ Casull

1. If he was paying per job (as most do in sub-contract situation) then they would be getting more per man. 
2. Illegal or not, hate and disgust directed at people who are trying to better themselves is foolish at best and clinical at worst.
3. I agree.
4. You left out the part of the quote that kind of wrapped it all together.  These people did nothing wrong except be born a few yards south.

1.  I seriously doubt that we are talking about a written contract for a subcontractor, but rather day laborers.  I could be wrong, but doubt it.
2.  Would you say the same about drug dealers, prostitutes, theives or anyone else that is trying to better themselves (financially) through illegal conduct?
3.  N/A
4.  When you say these people did nothing wrong, you are glossing over the "illegal" part of the equation.

I don't see the vast, vast majority of them as being bad or evil people . . . The ones that are working and contributing are doing more

Yeah, you're right.  Screw the rule of law.   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2010, 07:20:48 AM »
I guess if someone steals money to try "to better themselves" it should be ok not to direct hatred toward them. Hey, now I know why the liberals don't feel guilty about taxing people and redistributing the money. Thanks Wylie you have cleared up the liberal train of thought. I bet you are even offended by the term "illegal alien", I bet you prefer "undocumented worker", wouldn't want to offend anyone by being non PC now would we.

You criminal apologists will stop at nothing will ya?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline powderman

« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2010, 07:44:59 AM »
HEH. If illegal alien = undocumented worker then I reckon drug dealer = s unliscensed pharmacist. Some of you guys crack me up. Too many GOOD posts to acknowledge but kudos to Billy, Casull, and Swampman. Like he said, look in the produce dept, almost ALL produce comes from outside America. Most of the American raised goes overseas, let the invaders follow. POWDERMAN.  :D :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2010, 08:21:20 AM »
@ Casull.
1. We just don't know, so let's call it moot.
2. I draw the line at predation.  So...drug dealer: no prostutute: yes theif: no.
4. I equate evil and illegal as two different things.  Did you know that in the State of Ohio it is illegal for 3 adults to be in a bed with their shoes off?   Breaking the speed limit is illegal, crapping on a cross is not.  Tearing the tag off of a mattress is illegal, abortion is not.  

@billy
I am a libertarian, not a liberal.  If you don't know the difference, well....you probably don't know the difference, do you?  I'm still amused that I agree with the solution, but you all are so hell bent on having to HATE these people that you feel the need to be nasty to someone who doesn't hate them.  Let me say it again.  I THINK THE ILLEGAL ALIENS SHOULD BE KICKED OUT OF THIS COUNTRY AFTER WE SEAL OUR BORDERS.  I still don't hate them.  I still don't think any more of them are evil than in your standard American ghetto, trailer park, or even suburb.  I still think that there will be a snowball effect if we were to kick them all out that would send us into another recession/depression that would take years, maybe even a decade, to recover from.  I still think we should do it.

Edit: The "after we seal our borders" part is in there because it is nothing but a waste of time, money, and resources to kick people out when they can, and probably will, just walk right back in.  Lets get those trenches dug and those walls up, then get hard core about enforcement.

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2010, 08:26:49 AM »
In 2006, the illegals had a boycott in Los Angeles with the intention of shutting down the city to show how important they were.   It was wonderful!

Traffic was light.  Congestion was nonexistent.  Shoplifting and drunk driving arrests were down! 

These people are a scourge and a plague.  I just wish we could invent something that would be harmless to us and fatal to them and put it in the water supply and wake up one morning and they're all dead!  A hell of a job bulldozing them into trenches, but well worth the effort.  They destroy everything they touch and when they get their numbers up they will wipe us out eventually.   

I am so sick of hearing about how cheap Mexican labor is a source of prosperity!  If cheap Mexican labor produces prosperity,  WHY IS MEXICO SO POOR? 

Offline powderman

« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2010, 04:56:42 PM »
Lets get those trenches dug and those walls up, then get hard core about enforcement.

wylie. Now yer making sense. As for repeat offenders, we need to make the penalty so bad they won't even want to look North.  I remember a boycott a few years back too. We went  to Golden Corral for supper. After a great meal I asked for the mgr. I told her that it was the first time in years there had been an American at the grill who understood and spoke English and I actually got what I asked for. I said, I always ask for med on my steak, but get whatever the mexican of the day flops on my plate. She told me they were on strike for the day, I said HOOOORAY, hope it's a long one. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2010, 04:58:41 PM »
It doesn't work.  It never has and never will.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2010, 02:25:23 AM »
Next time you go to the store try to find something in the produce section that isn't imported.  It's very tuff......

Not tuff at all where I shop. ~75% of fruits & vegies consumed in the US in 2009 were grown domestically. Plenty of stats available online from the USDA, etc. on the subject.
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2010, 02:53:48 AM »
Hypothetical story. Old Border Patrol agent. Dead now for sure. He worked around the time of the Korean War. Had an old Savage bolt with a lot of notches in it. Asked what he hunted. Stupid question. Mexicans. No way of knowing it was true, but he said he got them as they were crossing the river. No questions, no handcuffs, no deportation, that is how they did it 60 years ago. I am gonna guess about a hundred notches. No, it was not Skeeter Skelton.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2010, 03:55:03 AM »
I haven't noticed the mass exodus. I would lean more toward mexican style attacks on leading local public officials, and a lot of rock throwing. The spaniards are not going to go quietly when you have the D.C. folks basically egging them on, and supporting their cause publicly. If it starts leaning toward the mex.s winning look for Arizona Senator McCain to get back on his Spanish bred horse.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline powderman

« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2010, 04:06:01 AM »
DEE. Well said and true. Why leave when osama and the other pantywetters support them???? POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline lgm270

« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2010, 07:44:27 AM »
Hypothetical story. Old Border Patrol agent. Dead now for sure. He worked around the time of the Korean War. Had an old Savage bolt with a lot of notches in it. Asked what he hunted. Stupid question. Mexicans. No way of knowing it was true, but he said he got them as they were crossing the river. No questions, no handcuffs, no deportation, that is how they did it 60 years ago. I am gonna guess about a hundred notches. No, it was not Skeeter Skelton.

Sounds like  Charles Askins.  He admitted shooting illegals too.  I don't think this guy was Askins because Askins left the Border Patrol before the Korean War.  Askins was active in the BP during the 1930's.   

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2010, 11:40:05 AM »
Not Askins. The sense I got that they were not illegals yet, maybe 2 minutes or a lifetime away from gaining that status.

Askins was a character. Killed 27 men not including N****** and Mexicans...lol

Offline scootrd

« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2010, 12:25:46 PM »

One of Charles more racial comments .
So the latter are not considered men?
and this was something for him to be proud of ?
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Dee

« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »
The number was not 27 men, it was 43, and the man was not Col. Charles Askins it was John Wesley Hardin of Texas. He was a post Civil War era gunman from Bonham Texas, and was the son of a Preacher, thus the first and middle name of "John Wesley". Hardins first killing was a freed slave whom tried to take a horse from him. He got instead 5 bullets.
Hardin once made the claim that: I killed 43 men, not countin mexicans and n______.
It's funny how bits and pieces of history get stirred around, diluted, and redirected to not only the wrong people, but the wrong century.

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2010, 01:30:27 PM »

One of Charles more racial comments .
So the latter are not considered men?
and this was something for him to be proud of ?

He considered himself a sociopath that turned to hunting animals after he was no longered allowed to kill men. The number of Mexicans he killed seems to be really really high. It seemed like every month, he killed a couple in a car stop or at a river crossing, normally taking the first shot with no warning. Ah, the good old days.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2010, 01:34:34 PM »
The number was not 27 men, it was 43, and the man was not Col. Charles Askins it was John Wesley Hardin of Texas. He was a post Civil War era gunman from Bonham Texas, and was the son of a Preacher, thus the first and middle name of "John Wesley". Hardins first killing was a freed slave whom tried to take a horse from him. He got instead 5 bullets.
Hardin once made the claim that: I killed 43 men, not countin mexicans and n______.
It's funny how bits and pieces of history get stirred around, diluted, and redirected to not only the wrong people, but the wrong century.

Thanks Dee, you saved me the trouble.  ;D

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2010, 02:22:23 PM »
I seems Col Askins laid claim to this here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Askins

Askins was controversial for the relish with which he described the numerous fatal shootings in his law enforcement and military careers, stating he had killed 27 men. Because he was involved in numerous shootouts along the US/Mexico border, and due to his stated practice of not keeping track of African-Americans and Hispanics, the actual number of killings he committed was potentially much higher.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Dee

« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2010, 02:37:09 PM »
Like many gun rag writers Mr. Askins was a bit of a plagiarist. I have never seen a published article of DOCUMENTED kills from the man. It is as with many alleged shootists to say: "I ain't seen none of his grave yards."

Offline powderman

« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2010, 04:44:45 PM »
Our BP agents shoot back today and the pantywetters call em killers and racists for defending themself and America. Sad.  >:( >:(POWDERMAN.

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2010, 05:18:49 PM »
Our BP agents shoot back today and the pantywetters call em killers and racists for defending themself and America. Sad.  >:( >:(POWDERMAN.
Funny thing is, I think that the old guys were both killers and racists.

Offline powderman

« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2010, 05:22:44 PM »

All I know is that the border was safe back then, they were actually allowed to enforce the law, as it should be.  POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2010, 06:05:12 PM »
Our BP agents shoot back today and the pantywetters call em killers and racists for defending themself and America. Sad.  >:( >:(POWDERMAN.

All I know is that the border was safe back then, they were actually allowed to enforce the law, as it should be.  POWDERMAN.  :o :o
What makes you think that the border was safe back then? It wasn't.

Offline powderman

« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2010, 06:29:37 PM »
For one thing the feds weren't telling American citizens to stay out of certain areas of AMERICA because they were not safe from the drug dealers. We need several thousand agents like they had many years ago. Call em racist if you want, they got the job done and unlike today, the pantywetters didn't rule as they do today. The older guys saw the invaders as what they were and treated them accordingly. POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)

Offline Squib

• G- S- T- and I ain't got time to bleed!
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2010, 06:31:21 PM »
I am so sick of hearing about how cheap Mexican labor is a source of prosperity!  If cheap Mexican labor produces prosperity,  WHY IS MEXICO SO POOR?

exactly!

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2010, 06:46:56 PM »
All I know is that the border was safe back then....

Oh yeah? Try to convince one of those dead Mexicans!  ;D
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2010, 06:53:42 PM »
Problem here is that many are looking for easy answers without any drawbacks. You can't always have everything cut and dried and without problems. The problem needs to be reduced to the basics. Legal imigrants are legal because they put forth the effort to be so. Illegals don't! Say what you will but that is both fact. We need to strengthen our borders for many reasons. Not just to keep Mexicans out. We also need to fine, and or jail, those who hire illegal aliens....of any race. Illegal is just that, ILLEGAL! We need to let Mexico know, in no uncertain terms, that they need to do their part to police the borders. All this talk about shooting them is ridiculous. Who among you is willing to shoot women and kids? If so then you are a sick individual and should be in jail yourselves. Ever have to kill someone? It's not fun! It's not glorious! It's certainly not sport!!!! And even when justified it haunts you for life if you have a soul at all so shut the h*** up! We have laws for a reason. They are already in place. What's needed is to demand that polititions allow those who's jobs it is to enforce them to be allowed to do so and that they have the eqipment, manpower, and training to do so. Then the judges should be made to do their jobs as well. Where illegal Mexicans are concerned, make Mexico put repeat offenders inMexican prisons. Let them feed them. Hold Mexico responsible for their own people.

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »
Problem here is that many are looking for easy answers without any drawbacks. You can't always have everything cut and dried and without problems. The problem needs to be reduced to the basics. Legal imigrants are legal because they put forth the effort to be so. Illegals don't! Say what you will but that is both fact. We need to strengthen our borders for many reasons. Not just to keep Mexicans out. We also need to fine, and or jail, those who hire illegal aliens....of any race. Illegal is just that, ILLEGAL! We need to let Mexico know, in no uncertain terms, that they need to do their part to police the borders. All this talk about shooting them is ridiculous. Who among you is willing to shoot women and kids? If so then you are a sick individual and should be in jail yourselves. Ever have to kill someone? It's not fun! It's not glorious! It's certainly not sport!!!! We have laws for a reason. They are already in place. What's needed is to demand that polititions allow those who's jobs it is to enforce them to be allowed to do so and that they have the eqipment, manpower, and training to do so. Then the judges should be made to do their jobs as well. Where illegal Mexicans are concerned, make Mexico put repeat offenders inMexican prisons. Let them feed them. Hold Mexico responsible for their own people.

Very nice post, sir.