Author Topic: 12 ga Tracker II question  (Read 555 times)

Offline holahead

• Trade Count: (29)
  • A Real Regular
12 ga Tracker II question
« on: July 29, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »
I am sure I have saw this here before and I tried to use the search feature by did not find the answer to my question. I have a Tracker II 12 ga. I am sure I read on here about using an epoxy to mount a scope base. If that is true and I am not dreaming which epoxy to get? Will it hold? I am using Buckhammer managed recoil if that matters. Thanks

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
Re: 12 ga Tracker II question
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 05:33:04 PM »
The better way would be to find a steel base and silver solder it on. You don't want a scope coming off and hitting you in the face. ;)

Spanky

Offline Jimbo47

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 04:08:39 PM »
I had one last year and was going to do the same thing, but shooting it was brutal, so I sold it and bought a 20 gauge Tracker ll with a scope rail and never looked back!
My culled down Handi's are the 45-70, and then I have a few others to keep it company...357 Mag/Max. .45 LC/.454 Casull Carbine, .243 Ultra, and 20 gauge Tracker II.

Offline holahead

• Trade Count: (29)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 08:10:24 PM »
Jimbo I have not shot mine yet but I was pretty sure it was going to pack a wallop so thats why I ordered the managed recoil slugs.

Spanky thanks for the advice on the base. That sounds like it may work. Now the only problem is finding someone to do it. There really is no gunsmiths around here. I wonder if Wayne York would do some work like that?

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 06:17:34 AM »
I have one that I bought from MSP Ret that had a scope rail on it already He told me it was drilled & tapped and epoxied. The tapped holes are very shallow and its epoxied on so as to be easily removed and do damage to the tapped holes. The only thing I have shot in it so far were hornady sst and they were pretty hard kickers. I went to walmart and bought on of the winchester/limbsaver slip on recoil pads. MSP Ret also told me that the buck hammers shot extremely well in my barrel so I need to get some and try them out
308 win                 45-70                       12ga         
30-30                    223 stainless steel   20ga TDC
44 mag                  Tracker II 20ga        20ga
45-70 Manlicher     20ga USH                28ga
                                                              410ga