Author Topic: Turn around time for Burris  (Read 681 times)

Offline tvc15

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Turn around time for Burris
« on: July 31, 2010, 07:08:01 AM »
It looks like I have something strange in the tube of my burris scope. It looks like a single strand of carpet.Still is holding zero but  I need to turn it in. Does anybody know the turn around time for the repair? Rifle season starts 10/11. Do I stand a chance?

TVC15

Offline 700xcr

Re: Turn around time for Burris
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 07:23:54 AM »
I talked with Joshua Lawley (Burris Technical Support) this last Tuesday and he said two week turn around time after they recieve the scope. Just sent off my Burris Signature Series 8x32x44mm Ballistic Mil-Dot to them yesterday for repairs. Crosshair canters when power ring is moved. No change in my POA either. When I talked with him on the phone he said to send it back to them and they will repair it or replace it. He said to send a letter explaining what is going wrong with scope. He sounded real positive on the phone. :)
Here is Joshua Lawley's phone # 1-888-228-7747 Ext:103 call him with details.
Nothing like a Remington model 700xcr

Offline tvc15

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 10:12:10 AM »
I can handle that. I'll call Monday.

Thanks for the info.

TVC15

Offline Huffmanite

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 10:45:02 AM »
Info that supports prior post.

Gent I shoot with about every Sunday at range sent two scopes weeks apart to Burris within last 2 months.  Seems like both scopes were returned to him in around 2 weeks.  One they fixed, other was replaced with a new one.

Offline tvc15

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 01:24:14 AM »
After some close inspection I think what I see may be some adhesive or coating that is no longer staying put.

I looked through the front of the scope and it looks like a piece of skin.

Any guesses?

TVC15

Offline Luckyducker

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 06:26:31 AM »
Burris is located in Greeley, CO. which is where one of my sons lives.  I hand carried a couple of Burris scopes to them and had them shipped back to me after repair and had them in hand a week and half later.  The Burris customer service is top notch.  I really like their high end scopes but their mid-range offerings have kind of left me unimpressed.  I was talking to another fellow at the range yesterday and he was shooting a Rem 243Win with a Burris Fulfield II scope for initial sight-in and he ran out of elevation adjustment with bullets hitting about 3.5" low.  He had shot the rifle previously with another scope without issue.  I suggested he buy some of those Burris Z rings (I think?) that will allow the scope to be adjusted for issues such as this, but I don't think this is normal.

Offline tvc15

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 04:31:47 AM »
I called and explained situation, they seem to think its some adhesive flaking off. Really no issue as far as preformance so I decided to hunt with it and turn it in after the season.

They tell you 4-6 weeks just to be safe. They turn them around faster.

TVC15