Author Topic: Fox chased Cat, Cat chased Fox, Dogs got Cat.  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Fox chased Cat, Cat chased Fox, Dogs got Cat.
« on: July 31, 2010, 11:47:54 AM »
I'm having a hard time settling down to write this, I keep laughing so hard I am having trouble typing.  Women keep coming up and slapping me on the back of the head, and have banned me from the beer cooler.  In fact I may have to leave soon for self preservation.  We are visiting my wife's friend, and two of her mushing friends (both women) stopped by as well.  She is a dog musher, with about 14 dogs in her dog lot.  She also had the most obnoxicious house cat I know of.  

Nice sunny day, we are sitting out on the deck enjoying the sun, after weeks of rain.  Darned cat comes out on the deck and is being a pain.  Cat comes over a bites my foot.  No one is looking so I kick it just hard enough it slides off the second story deck.  Does not phase this cat, it just goes wandering off into the bushes.  Suddenly we hear the cat squall.  Here comes the cat being chased by a Red Fox.  Cat runs into a clump of brush beside the driveway.  We hear cat hissing, spitting, and squalling.  This brings all the women to the rail, and they are watching intently.  Then here comes the Fox running like mad.  Fox crosses the drive with cat right on it's tail.  Fox makes sharp turn and heads for the dog lot.  All the dogs are straining their chains, and barking, watching the chase.  Fox runs through dog lot so fast dogs are not prepared and fox makes a clean excape.  First couple of dogs are able to slow the cat down.  Then one of the dogs makes a good clean grab and cat is history.

It happened so fast there was nothing anyone could have done.  YEA Fox!!!             Now the women are all mad at me because I was cheering for the Fox.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline highwayman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Fox chased Cat, Cat chased Fox, Dogs got Cat.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 12:02:02 PM »
now that's funny.  :D

Offline powderman

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 04:43:45 PM »
Then one of the dogs makes a good clean grab and cat is history.

HEH. I love a happy ending, NIIIIICE KITTY. POWDERMAN.  :D :D :D :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline hunt-m-up

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 06:53:12 PM »
Tell her not to worry, damned things breed like rabbits, there will be another dozen of the furry varmints available to replace Fluffy. Sounds like you at least got a good show out of the deal. ;D
Crosman Slingshot, Daisy Red Ryder, dull butter knife

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 06:58:02 PM »
Even though we own a cat, Ida been rooten for the fox myself. Hope ya didn't hurt your foot punting the cat!! ;D gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 02:46:41 AM »
Were any of the dogs hurt? ;D
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline GH1

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 02:55:05 AM »
Now THAT"S funny!
GH1 :)
I owe my life to an organ donor

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 03:19:51 AM »
That was a good Morning read
Glad you started it with the foot ;D

Tommyt

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 03:32:27 AM »
Cat'll be back...9 lives you know.  Bit your foot?  Got what it deserved.  A reflex reaction I would call it.  Have another beer.

Great story.  Now every time you see one of those women, you can snicker.  They'll know.  Never let 'em forget.  Serves 'em right for slapping you on the back of the head. 

I especially liked the turn-of-the-phrase "She had the most obnoxious cat...".

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 05:33:05 AM »
Great story with a Great ending!!!
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 06:06:20 AM »
Shoot...  :-\  Poor Puddy-tat...   :'(

I like kitties...  :-[
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 06:09:39 AM »
Me too that why I hit the buffet at the Peking Moon.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2010, 06:17:54 AM »
I stopped going there.  The cat ain't bad but they don't know how to cook dog...  :-\  Gotta go Korean for that...  ;D

Speaking of dogs, my puppies like kitties also!

Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2010, 06:20:06 AM »
I stopped going there.  The cat ain't bad but they don't know how to cook dog...  :-\  Gotta go Korean for that...  ;D

Kagogi! Yum Yum, rumor has it that we ate our commanders dog down at Mr. Lee's chop house.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2010, 06:33:13 AM »
 :D
Kinda gives special meaning to Mel Gibson's line in the movie "The Patriot" doesn't it? 

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/tfjpygqdyn--Eat-the-dogsMel-Gibson-The-Patriot-Benjamin-Leon-Rippy-
Richard
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Dee

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 09:09:23 AM »

Richard, you need to have that dog put down. There is something unholy about seeing a pic like that. It gives me a sense of foreboding that the cat is evil (which we know that it is) and has cast a spell on the dog causing it to lose it's bearings. Has that dog been to "law school"? ;D
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Hooker

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 10:42:46 AM »
Sourdough women just don't enjoy the same high quality sense of humor that men have.

Cats are useless I prefer kittens they fit the trap thrower. Pull meeeeeeooowww bang ;D
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline powderman

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 04:49:39 PM »
I like kitties... 

Ah yes cats, the other white meat. Not bad with bbq sauce. POWDERMAN.  :D :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2010, 05:04:41 PM »
I laughed so hard my side hurt....

That truly is funny..... :D
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2010, 05:32:36 PM »
If you thought the griz were bad up there, just you get them wimmin's riled up! ???
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 02:50:26 AM »
That story made for a great start to my Mon morning.  ;D ;D ;D
Thanks!

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 08:17:49 AM »
Richard, you need to have that dog put down. There is something unholy about seeing a pic like that. It gives me a sense of foreboding that the cat is evil (which we know that it is) and has cast a spell on the dog causing it to lose it's bearings. Has that dog been to "law school"? ;D

Ah Dan... It's so sad to see the predjudice, anger and hate displayed here...  :'(  I mean, kitties are animals just like dogs are... a little different maybe, but that is just a cultural anomoly.   :-\   The way y'all talk you'd think it was my poor kitty that had been to Law School and was a....  Lawyer!   ::) 

Now I'll accept that some cats do things dogs wouldn't and it's hard to understand why they would want to do what they do, but the acts of a few extreamists is no reason to denegrate a whole species!  Most cats just want to peacefully co-exist with dogs and also hold people in high regard.  They are taught this philosophy of peace as kittens...

This is because cats are a species of peace.  The only time they react inappropriately is when they are forced into it!  If we left them alone, except for supplying food and shelter and whatever else they demanded, they would not do things like eating the heads off captured chipmunks, etc.!

No Dan...  :-\  we are to blame for perpetuating the state of affairs between dogs and cats.  And we have elected to support the dogs when we cheer the dogs when they perpetrate an attack on defenseless cats, and when we kick the cats when they come to us seeking peace!

Can't we all just... get along?   :'(

;D  thank you... thak you very much...
Richard
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2010, 04:37:08 PM »
Richard, that is a load of offal...some of the funniest TV Comedy videos are the cats shooting themselves straight up when scared, ready to spring when they are "goosed" or caught off guard, asleep and falling into the aquarium, "fighting" their own reflections in a mirror, climbing the shelves only to have it "let go" under their feet, clawing for altitude where there is no purchase and doing a right good job of it too.  I have often wondered if there is a Darwin Award for Cats?  Perhaps...this one is surely a candidate!

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2010, 05:12:31 PM »
Some of you folks seem to think cats are weaklings.
We had a cat for years---Boots was her name.
Danged cat weighed in at 25 lbs and was not fat.
We let her out in the evening.
My son tells of boots walking down the sidewalk where they played ball at night.
There were three good sized dogs on that street.
When Boots walked the sidewalk the dogs went to the other side of the street.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2010, 08:38:15 PM »
I have to say it looked like this cat had put a whuppin on the Fox.  But sled dogs are no wusses.  Big aggressive animals, born fighters, and then they learn a lot in the dog lot.  Cat did not stand a chance against them.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2010, 11:24:57 PM »
I like most cats but I've met a few nasty ones like the one in the story. In those cases, I'd be glad to feed em to the sled dogs. Enjoyed the story and passed it on to a former boss who used to offer to put down a mellow old cat I had.

Had another boss with a nasty cat a lot like Roger's nemesis. The darned thing sprayed my coat and shoes once when I'd been invited over for dinner. He was a mean cat - would climb on you to be petted, but bite you hard if you touched its tail. Had to walk home holding the coat at arms length - it was winter in Dutch Harbor. I would have fed him to the eagles if I could have got him out of the house unseen.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2010, 02:33:22 AM »
I would have fed him to the eagles if I could have got him out of the house unseen.

::)  Some folk just ain't got no sence of humor...  ;D
Richard
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010, 08:13:20 AM »
AtlLaw, I am glad there are attorneys that take the opposite side of the argument, for argument's sake.  Is there a "Lawyer's Script" for the Other Side?  One in which you just change the verbs to their opposite meaning?  [WARNING, WARNING, WARNING.  If you tell us there is, I will definately want money back!]

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 08:16:10 AM »
Is there a "Lawyer's Script" for the Other Side?

Naw...  :-\  I just been hanging with Swampy to much...  ;D
Richard
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 10:14:33 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD