Author Topic: Fore end lug question  (Read 304 times)

Offline Macphoto

• Trade Count: (2)
Fore end lug question
« on: August 01, 2010, 02:29:45 PM »
I recently sold a .223 bbl off a 2003 vintage SB2 frame.  Bbl was the factory original.  When I took the forearm off, the lug was angled slightly back. at about the angle the forend separates from the receiver.  The screw fit nicely and there were no impact marks indicating damage.  I just thought it was yet another variation in the H&R line.

The buyer, a regular here, accused me of knowingly sending him a defective barrel.  Does anyone have any light to shed on the lug subject.  I did offer to give a full refund plus shipping, but got no reply.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Fore end lug question
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 03:29:52 PM »
Forend studs are often a little off, usually doesn't make much difference if it's not too much, in this case it's really a moot issue since it's not off to one side like they usually are, if it's angled slightly to the rear slightly it's actually the way it should be IMO. Some of em are off a lot tho and need to be reattached which the factory does on a factory fitted rifle. I've reattached two of them with epoxy, one with JB Weld and the other with Super Weld.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain