Author Topic: First post  (Read 555 times)

Offline kaveman

• Trade Count: (7)
First post
« on: August 04, 2010, 02:17:23 PM »
Long time reader of GBO, I have learned alot over the years and I finally decided to register. I want to thank all of the regular contributors to this forum for sharing their wealth of information regarding handi, pardners and H&R firearms.I currently own several pardner shotguns one in 12 and 2 in 20gauge. I know I am preaching to the choir when I say that every house in America should have a pardner they are just so versatile. Again many thanks for sharing youre knowledge with newcommers, I have a pardner shorty project in the works and will post its progress this fall.I have decided to do all my hunting this year with pardners and document the hunts along the way, should be alot of fun this fall. Again many thanks toGBO and the members here for this board !
                                                                Kaveman

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
Re: First post
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 02:40:50 PM »
Welcome aboard kaveman ;D You've just taken your first step towards becoming an addict. :D
Pretty soon some of the hardcore handiholics will come along and talk you into a 45-70... just go with it... it's easier that way. hehehehehe.
There's lot's to learn from the guys on here too... I ain't the brightest bulb in the socket but I've learned alot in the last 2 or 3 years.

Spanky

Offline kaveman

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 03:36:06 PM »
Thanks for the reply Spanky!
           Kaveman

Offline Daman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
  • Me and Papa's first double!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 03:44:37 PM »
Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Oh the addiction is bad! The only addiction I have ever found worse than H&R's is Brownings! Take my advice and stick with H&R's --- Hell of A Lot CHEAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though glad to have you aboard. The only pardner I have is a 12 gauge with a loooong barrel modified choke. I plan to add a couple more eventually, but other addictions are overriding right now.

Daman
Live simple. Hunt Hard. Love Life.

I thank God everyday for my loving wife and all the fond memories of hunting with my Papa from a child until now.

Please take time to take a kid hunting, it will be a life long memory and blessing for both of you!

Offline kaveman

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 05:12:14 PM »
Thanks Daman, thats the great thing about pardners even when money is tight you can still feed the addiction with a pardner! I live in the midwest and frequent the pawn shops, the last 2 pardners cost me $65.00 each. These were slightly used and in great condition.
                                                                    Kaveman

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 06:00:02 PM »
Welcome and be sure post about your hunts. Tons of info and ideas for that Shorty project here
Pics are always great too
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline kaveman

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »
Thanks Markus, I will document the shorty project with range tests, I have been aquiring specific loads for this project and  I hope to show that a shorty pardner can truly be a gun for all occasions based on switching to a different shell, instead of switching guns or choke tubes
                                                                  Kaveman

Offline Daman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
  • Me and Papa's first double!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 11:51:58 PM »
kaveman

I really want two more H&R Shotguns. I want a 20 gauge 26" mod and a Tracker II 20 gauge.

I think that would pretty well cover squirrels, rabbits, deer, hogs, and have a loaner if somebody needed a shotgun.

Daman
Live simple. Hunt Hard. Love Life.

I thank God everyday for my loving wife and all the fond memories of hunting with my Papa from a child until now.

Please take time to take a kid hunting, it will be a life long memory and blessing for both of you!

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 11:22:00 AM »
Kaveman welcome aboard, my handi shot gun addiction is as bad as my handi rifle addiction. 1940 H&R model 1900 12ga, 20ga TDC. 20ga Pardner 22" mod choke, 28ga. Tracker II 12ga, Tracker II 20ga. 20ga USH.
daman The Tracker IIs are awsome extremely accurate when you find the sabbot it likes to shoot my 20ga likes light fields. my 3 shot group at 65 yards
308 win                 45-70                       12ga         
30-30                    223 stainless steel   20ga TDC
44 mag                  Tracker II 20ga        20ga
45-70 Manlicher     20ga USH                28ga
                                                              410ga

Offline kaveman

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 01:37:57 PM »
Hi spikehorn! Thanks for the welcome, looks like that gun is a keeper with groups like that! That would put the hurt on any deer inside a 100 yards, good luck with her!
                                                                  kaveman