Author Topic: Scope mount for 158 16ga  (Read 422 times)

Offline ShawnT

• Trade Count: (0)
Scope mount for 158 16ga
« on: August 15, 2010, 12:19:01 PM »
Hey guys,

I have an H&R 158 16ga with snap on forearm that is in like new condition. I bought it a couple of years ago. Was looking for a 410 and never found one locally, but when I saw this one I could not pass on it due to the condition, and price, since it looked like new. I have only shot it a couple of times. I have an 88 in 16 ga that was my first gun and use it so this one never gets used.

So... I have a question for you H&R experts.

Do you think it would be safe to drill and tap the barrel for a scope base? I would love to turn this into a nice little smooth bore slug gun. This barrel is not the one with the stepdown profile.

Thanks,

ShawnT

Offline kf4ocv

• Avid Poster
Re: Scope mount for 158 16ga
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 09:37:49 AM »
I would not chance ruining it. Would you be interested in selling this gun?  This sounds like what I am looking for.  What is the serial # prefix?  Does it have the snap on forearm?
Chris

Offline ShawnT

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 12:44:10 PM »
I sort of thought that it might be too thin. I thought it would be neat to have a little 16 ga slug gun, but I mostly hunt with muzzleloader anyway. Yes it does have the snap-on forend. No serial number but has a Z in front of the patent number. I am thinking about selling it.

ShawnT

Offline kf4ocv

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 04:50:24 PM »
I'll PM  you.
Chris