Author Topic: Semi auto MP5  (Read 729 times)

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
Semi auto MP5
« on: August 15, 2010, 03:57:41 PM »
  Anybody have a semi auto MP% lookalike?  Either the HK94 or any of the copies.  I've been wanting one badly for some time and was just wondering how people who have them would rate what they have.  I know that a 9mm 'rifle' isn't exactly the most practcal armament in the world, I'm really just talking about fun here not any sort of internet end of the world fantasy concept weapon.

Offline jlwilliams

Re: Semi auto MP5
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 04:37:21 AM »
I'm thinking no one here has one.  Listening to the crickets.

Offline Avyctes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 05:41:43 AM »
I assume one exists other than the GSG .22? 

It would have to be registered as a SBR just like the Auto Ordnance Thompson look-alikes with the short 10" barrels.

I have never seen one for sale, but sounds interesting.  I'd rather have one of the FG42 or Mp44 Semis myself tho'. 
"There exists a law, not written down anywhere, but in our hearts.. that, if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline jlwilliams

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 03:53:38 AM »
I assume one exists other than the GSG .22? 

It would have to be registered as a SBR just like the Auto Ordnance Thompson look-alikes with the short 10" barrels.

I have never seen one for sale, but sounds interesting.  I'd rather have one of the FG42 or Mp44 Semis myself tho'. 

The ones I've seen either were registered as SBRs, or more often they just had 16"+ barrels.  I'd probably go 16"+ because of the expense but maybe down the line I'd SBR it just for fun.   

The 22 cal one is neat, but I'd be going for the 9mm. The Mp44 semi is pretty cool, now that you mention it.  Never would have thought that the ammo would become available but it's making a showing.  Who's have thunk it?

Offline Avyctes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 04:25:48 AM »
I know some purist may crucify me for saying it, but I'd love to have one of those Mp44 semi carbines chambered in something like 7.62x39.  I love my AK, it's a fun round to plink with, and is for sure much cheaper than the old 7.92 Kurz.
"There exists a law, not written down anywhere, but in our hearts.. that, if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline jlwilliams

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 03:13:52 AM »
I remember reading that someone was working on a MP44/AR15 hybrid type thing.  Idea being it would look like an MP44 but you could feed it 223 out of AR mags.  Might have used some AR internals too, which would make sense if you ever needed a spring or a firing pin or what have you. 

I'm thinking it was Mike from Prexis, but it seems like it's been backburnered in favor of work he has to do sooner.