Author Topic: my opinion of redfield scopes is changing  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
my opinion of redfield scopes is changing
« on: September 08, 2010, 02:30:49 AM »
I recently bought a 2x7 and a 4x12 and opticaly there dammed good scopes but the ajustments are just so frustrating that i doubt id buy another. there fine for someone who sights in a gun with one load and never changes it as once you get them ajusted they stay but for someone like me thats allways changing loads they just dont track good enough to make it easy. One click will give you a 1/4 inch and the next may give you 3/4s. Drives me nuts. I also own quite of few of the leupold vari x 2s and vx1s with friction ajustments and struggling with them this year again has made me swear off them too. The new vx2 i have is a dream to play with. Very accurate in its ajustments and great optics. By the time i waste the extra ammo over the live of the scope ajusting poa it would probably be cheaper in the long run to just buy the vx2 over the vx1s.
blue lives matter

Offline moorepower

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
Re: my opinion of redfield scopes is changing
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 12:47:24 PM »
What kind of rings do you have. I have had rings that were not lapped cause just the problem you speak of. They can put the tube in a bind.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 02:21:57 AM »
I doubt thats the problem. Just turning the turents you can see theres lots of slop in them. Same problem cropped up with the 2x7 and the 4x12 and thats on two differnt guns.
blue lives matter

Offline moorepower

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 11:24:05 AM »
I would contact about warranty, I bet they would replace. Pain I know, but I bet they would replace.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 07:24:14 AM »
That is one good reason to have a good Bore Sighter.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 02:43:27 PM »
I know exactly of what you speak. I have a Russian Gen 1 nite vision scope that is a night mare. I also have several of the Vari X 11 Leupolds. I love them, but I put them on guns that I set and never change. For my long range guns I like the VLR  scopes. When you set the elevation for every shot you have to know how much the elevation is going to change with every click.

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 03:11:26 PM »
I think the Redfields fill a void. A descent scope at a affordable price, Made in the USA. I love my Leupolds but cant afford to put them on all my guns :-\ So my rem 700 223 will get a Redfield 4X12. But I know what ya mean . My Leupold VXII 6X18 Is a dream to use. Wish I could Afford another one. But nooo the wife wants to pay the mortgage , buy grocerys, bla bla bla ;D ;D ;D
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting