Author Topic: Burris FastFire II  (Read 504 times)

Offline Avyctes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Burris FastFire II
« on: September 08, 2010, 09:46:02 AM »
Has anyone got one of these?

I'm considering it for my AR shorty build that's in process.

I saw this scope mentioned in an article in a recent copy of Guns And Ammo magazine. 

Sounds like a nice scope, more financially acquirable than say the Eotech.  Found it online for $175.

Chris.
"There exists a law, not written down anywhere, but in our hearts.. that, if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Dogshooter

• A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
Re: Burris FastFire II
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 03:47:11 PM »
I put one on a Smith Model 41 22pistol and it was accurate but sight picture was a bit slow to aquire. Put it on a 10-22 and with the rifle platform, it was VERY quick and it is one of my favorite rabbit getters.
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

Offline Avyctes

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 06:16:27 AM »
Cool.  I'd be placing it on a carbine length AR, so quick target acquire would be a definite requirement. 

How do you like the reticules, brightness, wind-age, elevation adjustments, and how do you feel about the overall ruggedness of the scope?  Did you notice any flimsiness in the construction, skinny screws, or anything like that?

Reason I'm asking is I bought what I thought was a good deal a couple years ago and when I put it on an AK and tried to adjust the elevation, I snapped the screw in half with the supplied allen screw.  Turned out that the tiny screw had an area down in side the scope that was real tiny, much tinier than the screw, and it didn't take but a 1/10 oz of pressure to snap it once it bottomed out!  The company supplied me with a replacement screw, but I haven't used it since.  I can't recall what brand it is, but I'll try to dig it up and post it here. 
"There exists a law, not written down anywhere, but in our hearts.. that, if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline jedman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
  • Retired and livin the dream !
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 02:20:22 PM »
   I have one on a Handi rifle with a short 18" bbl. in 44 mag.  Its a little painstaking to get adjusted but very rugged once you get it sighted in.  The dot brightness is just about right in most any lighting you are in, I like it alot.  Jed
Current handi family, 24 ga./ 58 cal ,50-70,  45 smokeless MZ, 44 belted bodeen, 44 mag,.375 H&R (wildcat),375 Win.,357 max, .340 MF ( wildcat ), 8 mm Lebel, 8x57, .303 British, 270 x 57 R,(wildcat) 256 Win Mag, 2 x 243 Win,2 x 223 Rem. 7-30 Waters &20ga.,

Offline simplicity

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 12:59:39 PM »
Another option you have is the vortex strike fire it looks aboutt he same as a aim point and can get them for about $150 I use mine for three guns and I've had it for two years now and haven't had to adjust it all always on. I have it on a M4 plus the strike fire comes with a screw in 2x magnifier. I hardly ever use it except for 100 yard rapid fires.