Author Topic: Need help with model number  (Read 1401 times)

Offline mikela1951

• Trade Count: (0)
Need help with model number
« on: September 08, 2010, 10:28:21 AM »
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me identify my revolver. It is a solid frame, nickel plated, 7 shot with an octangular barrel. Barrel length is 6". Markings on the barrel are "H&R ARMS COMPANY WORCESTER MASS USA  22 RIM FIRE" On the top strap it is marked" H&R MODEL" over "1886 22 CAL RF".  The 1886 is a guess, the top is a little worn. The serial number is 70382.  I have searched the net and can't find this model listed. The revolver is in pieces because when I got it,  it was not working (not reassembled properly) and I need a schematic to try to get it back together ( if all the parts are here). Thanks for any help you can provide. Mike

Offline 32 Magnum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Need help with model number
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 06:21:15 AM »
It is the Model 1906 - introduced in...1906.  This model was the small frame, offered ONLY in 7 shot .22 rimfire (short and long, initially), with barrel lengths of 2" (standard), 4 and 6.  Later was basis for the H&R TRAPPER (6") and 1st Model HUNTER (10").    Check the Numrich site, under their heading for Harrington & Richardson for a "blown-up" diagram of this model.  (www.e-gunparts.com)
Jim Hauff,  H&R Collector

RIP Jim, passed away on October 12th, 2012