Author Topic: old-style Bushnell Trophy 3-9x opinions?  (Read 390 times)

Offline TheCoachZed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • Who wants some?
old-style Bushnell Trophy 3-9x opinions?
« on: September 08, 2010, 12:36:16 PM »
Hey guys,

What's the general consensus on the older Bushnell Trophy scopes? (Not the new ones that came out this year).

Canadian Tire has them for sale up here (3-9x40mm) for $159.99. That includes a lifetime replacement warranty. I don't know of any other $159.99 scope with a lifetime exchange warranty. I am thinking of putting one on my .308, but I noticed a few users on Cabelas.com game them crap reviews, although Chuck Hawks seems to like them. My local gunsmith has a poor opinion of them, but he thinks good scopes start at the Bushnell 3200.

I just want a serviceable scope. I don't need the latest and greatest and 98% light transmission or anything like that. This scope sounds like a really good deal. Is it? I figure if it can't handle the .308 recoil, I can always put the replacement on my .223 or a .22.

PS - I know these are much cheaper in the US. But I can't import them from the US, and besides, I wouldn't have the lifetime warranty anyway.
My avatar is pretty much what I look like out in the woods - except I am not a "chick" in any sense of the word.

Offline jim36

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (47)
  • A Real Regular
Re: old-style Bushnell Trophy 3-9x opinions?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 02:33:31 PM »
Coach
     I have the older 4x12x40 with AO. It has been a great scope and has served me well. It is mounted on my '06 Handi. At one time I had it on a 7mm Rem mag. It stood up under those conditions. I feel certain that it would do you well on the 308.
                             Good Shooting
                                                     Jim   <")))><