Author Topic: AR 15s and 1911s  (Read 426 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
AR 15s and 1911s
« on: September 10, 2010, 07:51:27 AM »
well i went to the range to try out a 1911 45acp gun cause i have never shoot one before. Well the gun they had me use was a STI International Trojan 5.0 and i don't see anything for 1911 handguns beside it flat and it's a 45acp. the gun which is a MSRP is $1,100.00 and is billed as a "Crafted with classic 1911 design, the STI International Trojan is a traditional 1911 built to modern high-end standards for an exceptional competition, duty, and self-defense pistol. And with Bomar style adjustable sights, it is ready to compete in IPSC, USPSA, IDPA, or SSSA right out of the box." i found it lacking in a few things. Maybe it because it a gun for rent and get shot a lot or something but the gun would lock back sometimes and other time would not.  I had to really make sure it was clear cause it would shoot with the mag removed.

It shoot well and had no recoil at all. It was like shooting a 9mm or a really small cal. gun.  If STI is the best 1911 guns has well i would not carry a 1911 for it not a safe gun, 7 well not do it for me and was very hard to pull back the slide.  I liked the 45acp power but not in a 1911.

the other gun i used was a Bushmaster Ar15. It had a mil. spec stock with a aluminum trap door assembly.  the butt plate was metal and it kick me round a lot. My shoulder is still sort from that.  well first when i got it loaded with a fell mag, the bolt would not close. The range master show me you have to hit the mag on your hand or something hard before you load it into the gun for it to feed right.  After one mag i loaded it again and slapped it before loading it. Bolt would not close again. I was told i seated the mag to far into the gun and that you have to put it into here softly.

I used a colt AR 15 9mm/colt SMG and even with 9mm it still got hit a lot and my arms still were sort. Also the colt SMG the mag falls out very easy. But it was more fun to shoot then the .223 AR.

As far the hitting of the targets the STI show it's a race gun all the way. I made 7 head shots at 25 yards with this gun and 40 heat/lung shots.  The STI is like a part of your hand, were you point it and you hit it. Very good gun beside the safety part, hard to pull side back  and 7 rounds.

the AR15, I hated it. Maybe if it had a recoil pad or a rubber butt plate i would have liked it better. I could not hit anything with it(i was using the same target that i shot the 1911 on) and the flash was very bad off this thing. I would not want to shoot it at night. also the part seem easy to break on it. I don't really see anything i would like about the AR 15 beside 5.56 ammo.

Now the AK -47 i used last time did jam a lot but it was easy to clear and i did not get the stuff kick out of my shoulder when i used it.  I made with the ak-47 at 15 -30 yards lots of head shots and heart lung shots were easy.  I seem to be better with AK then AR and i like the toughness of the AK.  I would buy a ruger Mini-14 over a AR15 like that one anyday. I would still have cash left over for ammo and it's comes (at least the ones i have seen) with a nice rubber recoil pad.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends