Author Topic: What Are You Going To Do.....  (Read 536 times)

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
What Are You Going To Do.....
« on: December 05, 2003, 10:03:38 AM »
What are you going to do to keep the old hunting skills sharp after the big game season is over?  Me, I keep the pellet rifle working by hunting pests and any small game available.  Lawdog
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 10:57:57 AM »
I hope to prowl around for coyotes this winter.  Maybe do some rabbit hunting.  

long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 05:12:36 AM »
:D We still have deer hunting till 1/04 here. small game after that. Shooting year round.

Offline wyote

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 06:02:08 AM »
I hunt coyotes and rabbits till the end of feb. Then the middle of april I hunt turkey. In may I start bear hunting. Around the middle of june it's rock chucks and PD's.
for every law thats passed alittle freedom dies

Offline GillDog

I love Alaska
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 04:46:54 PM »
I live in Sitka, Alaska. We can shoot 6 deer, and after we get those 6 we can proxy other people tags, so there is never any shortage of tags. The season runs from Aug 1 till Jan 31. From Aug 1 till Sep 15 it is bucks only, after that is it any deer. Mountain Goat season runs from Aug 15 to Dec 31. I got my goat in August this year, but I still have a little time to deer hunt, but when that is over there is spring bears and grouse. About that time the salmon will come back and then ill put my rifle away and take out my fishing rod and catch kings, Coho’s, and halibut till it is Aug 1 again.....I love Alaska :o)
Ben