Author Topic: Ohaus Duo-Measure  (Read 1347 times)

Offline dickttx

• Trade Count: (0)
Ohaus Duo-Measure
« on: September 16, 2010, 03:25:52 AM »
Does anyone have one of these powder measures?
I have been unable to find my chart that gives the approximate settings for charges of various powders.
Would appreciate a copy of the chart if you have one or if you can point me at one.
Don't believe they are still in business, seems like RCBS might have acquired them.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Ohaus Duo-Measure
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 04:16:49 AM »
Ohaus is much larger than RCBS, and makes scales on a worldwide basis. Not sure if they might have paper work on an old scale, that was made to RCBS specifications. I would contact RCBS directly and see if they might have something. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 05:18:31 AM »
A little research found the Ohaus discontinued in the 80's, but it's the same as the RCBS Uni-Flow.

Just a tip;
 An easy way to get close is to leave the hopper empty. Measure your desired charge on your scale, then pour the charge in the hopper and turn the adjustment tube to hold that amount.
 I have the RCBS unit and kinda wish I had the micrometer adjustment. It'd be nice to have an easy to read repeatable setting.
 I'm anal about powder measurement for my rifle loadings and trickle each charge anyway's,   ;D
found elsewhere

Offline dickttx

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 07:58:34 AM »
You'all are right.  Apparently RCBS bought the powder measure from Ohaus. 
I remember now that a few years ago in a move, I got the powder hopper crunched.  Some way got to the fact that they were made by RCBS after I bought mine. 
At the time, probably 1986, RCBS had already discontinued the model I had and could not help me with a hopper.  I improvised a MEC powder hopper.
This one, the Du-O-Measure, has two separate meters, one for less than 15 grains and one for 15 to 100 grains.
It is completely different than the RCBS Uniflow.
I appreciate the suggestion as to how to get a rough setup.  That would be as close, or closer, than the chart for a starting setting
Thanks