Author Topic: Need Suggestion for Reloading Die for .40 S&W in a Glock  (Read 526 times)

Offline jasonprox700

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Need Suggestion for Reloading Die for .40 S&W in a Glock
« on: September 18, 2010, 09:23:00 AM »
I want to pick up a reloading die to save money on shooting my newly aquired .40 S&W Glock.  I am looking for a die set that will full length size to take the bulge out of the case (this is a Gen 2, so it has the poorly supported case).  I was told by my FFL that the Lee or Redding are good ones.  I have only used RCBS in the past for rifles.  Anyone have suggestions?

Offline 223Pitbull

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Need Suggestion for Reloading Die for .40 S&W in a Glock
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 11:51:23 AM »
Some people are able to remove the bulge with their regular dies, if not you can try the Lee bulge buster.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=882261

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 12:07:03 PM »
I use Hornady for mine but then I chose Hornady dies for most everything if they make it. I even purchased a set of Hornady dies for my .257 Whby. Mag even tho I got a free set of RCBS when I bought the rifle.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline the jigger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 04:56:20 AM »
I've been using a Lee three die set for over 20yrs. I've loaded for Glock, Sig,
FNH, EAA Witness. NO issues of any kind.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!
IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!!

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 04:25:59 AM »
Redding makes a push thru die for the .40. Takes the bulge out, and if you want, they have a plastic bottle and adapter that screws on top, to collect the brass. Years back, a friend of mine, who is a retired machinist, took my Lee .40 carbide sizing die, and cut off the top, and basically did the same thing. Machined out a rod that slipped into the shell holder and pushed the brass out the top. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline mrussel

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 08:23:15 PM »
I want to pick up a reloading die to save money on shooting my newly aquired .40 S&W Glock.  I am looking for a die set that will full length size to take the bulge out of the case (this is a Gen 2, so it has the poorly supported case).  I was told by my FFL that the Lee or Redding are good ones.  I have only used RCBS in the past for rifles.  Anyone have suggestions?
Id look at the lee dies. They are inexpensive and damn good. They have a "bulge buster" die that should help if your having problems with that.

Offline jasonprox700

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 01:49:33 AM »
Ordered the Lee from Midway and the Bulge Buster to go along with it.  Hopefully I'll be picking up some cast bullets soon for "cheap" plinking!