Author Topic: Jana Scopes?? Anyone familiar with these? - pic  (Read 2015 times)

Offline vonfatman

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Jana Scopes?? Anyone familiar with these? - pic
« on: September 23, 2010, 06:10:49 PM »
I recently picked up a rifle with a Jana No. 320968 4x32 scope on top. It's a Japanese scope.  It has fine cross-hairs (which I like).  It's very bright (like some of my old Tasco scopes). Does anyone have any comments or thoughts on these scopes.  I would like to have some feedback before I screw it down on one of my deer hunting rifles.

Thank you.

Bob

"Onward Through the Fog"

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Jana Scopes?? Anyone familiar with these? - pic
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 06:59:29 AM »
I may be all wrong, because I have never owned a Jana product, but I seem to recall seeing these many years ago.  I think they made binoculars with lens that had a pink-to-reddish coating.  I think they were inexpensive then.  I have no recollection of their quality.

Offline ilikemilitaria

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 01:31:29 PM »
If I recall, JANA scopes were made back in the 70's into the early 80's. They were not a bad little scope. Just average, not top of the line, but not junk either.

Not much help I guess, but I thought I'd weigh in. By he way, I have a couple of them and they still hold POA just fine.

dave

Offline vonfatman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 04:53:05 PM »
Dave,

Thanks.  I expect I'll keep this scope and see how it performs.

Bob
"Onward Through the Fog"

Offline momsworry

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 03:41:08 AM »
I had one that was attached to a Remington 760 30/06 pump gun in 1972.  I still have the gun but replaced the scope with a variable power scope, but kept the Jana and put it on a Marlin .22 rimfire auto.  The .22 was stolen and I lost the scope.  Mine was a 6X32.  I never did know the value of the scope but I have to say, it wasn't bad.  It was great at gathering light in low light conditions and did not lose it's settings at all.  I would go out each time and my POI would remain the same.  Something I can't say about a few variables that I have owned.  I wish I had that scope yet today.  I killed a lot of deer using that 760 with the Jana scope.  Darned thieves. 
It it hurts when you do that then don't do that.

Offline vonfatman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 05:49:41 AM »
momsworry,
Thanks for the feedback!  I intend on keeping the scope as a "utility player"....it does gather light very well!!

Bob
"Onward Through the Fog"

Offline citrine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 05:14:20 PM »
Jana scopes were named after Jack Bernstone and Nate Bernstone.  They were brothers that owned a wholesale sporting goods store in Denver, Colorado.  I worked for them for about 7 years.  They were in business around 1968.  I can't find the company anymore.  I don't know when they went out of business.   ;D

Offline vonfatman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 07:39:39 PM »
Thanks Mr. Citrine.  Good information.  The scope is nice.

Bob
"Onward Through the Fog"