Poll

Hello folks. Would anyone know a good way to get the cylinder open on my H&R 633 32 caliber pistol? The locking pin seems to be coming out all of the way when I pull it but the cylinder won't budge. Any help would be great. Someone sold me this neat o

Answer
0 (0%)
read
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: H&R 633 32 Cal. Revolver Cylinder Stuck. Please help  (Read 1874 times)

Offline stotzbotz

• Trade Count: (0)
H&R 633 32 Cal. Revolver Cylinder Stuck. Please help
« on: September 24, 2010, 05:30:49 AM »
Hello folks. Would anyone know a good way to get the cylinder open on my H&R 633 32 caliber pistol? The locking pin seems to be coming out all of the way when I pull it but the cylinder won't budge. Any help would be great. Someone sold me this neat old pistol for only $22.50 because of this and I want to get it working again. Thanks in advance and sorry if I didn't do this post right. Newcomer ignorance.

Offline 32 Magnum

• Contributor
Re: H&R 633 32 Cal. Revolver Cylinder Stuck. Please help
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 07:41:58 AM »
Stotz -
Try screwing in (clockwise) the exposed part of the ejector rod.  If that doesn't work - pull the rod out as far as possible and have someone tap the right side of the cylinder with a rubber mallet - it's possible that the rod is rusted fast in the frame lock-up.  Other than that????????????  Update us.
Jim Hauff,  H&R Collector

RIP Jim, passed away on October 12th, 2012

Offline stotzbotz

Re: H&R 633 32 Cal. Revolver Cylinder Stuck. Please help
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 11:27:27 AM »
 Thanks for the tip. I found that there is a beveled part of the tip of the release rod that when pointed up toward the barrel, the release rod comes right out releasing the cylinder.  ;D