Author Topic: goats in Idaho 27-5  (Read 671 times)

Offline 03A2

• Trade Count: (1)
goats in Idaho 27-5
« on: September 29, 2010, 04:01:35 PM »
Have the tag, went in blind knowing it would be a lot of work, have put in a lot of miles and have yet to see a goat.  Anyone out there with backcountry knowledge of the Frank Church southern region (little loon creek and up), I would like to hear from you.  You can PM me a phone number and I will call you on my dime. Thanks

Offline bigswede

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Contributor
Re: goats in Idaho 27-5
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 12:56:24 AM »
Don't know about that unit but one year we hunted elk in 36A-1 and couldn't get away from those pesky varmints, we only saw 2 elk all week and probably 30 or 40 goats.  I think the goats had gotten hungry and ate all the elk ;)
"LIVE TO HUNT, HUNT TO LIVE"

Offline 03A2

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 05:17:15 AM »
Yeah, the white clouds, the sawtooths and the seven devils are all areas with much better goat hunting, but I could also put in for 20 years and not draw a tag.  That middlefork tag is very easy, I'd rather hunt in a poor area than not hunt at all.  As hot as it has been, I'm wondering if I just need to wait till the end of october when it cools off, then maybe some of those sawtooth goats will be moseying on down towards the winter range, warmer climate of the middlefork?

Offline bigswede

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 10:09:37 AM »
Yeh, them goats are probably somewhere nice and cool. especially if they have there winter coats on, which they should be by now.  It might not hurt to wait a few more weeks.  Good luck!
"LIVE TO HUNT, HUNT TO LIVE"

Offline 03A2

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 05:44:13 PM »
going back to the woods for a few weeks, any future replies are not being ingored, I'm simply out of service.
Thanks