Author Topic: What brand rings twist on to Redfield Jr bases?  (Read 473 times)

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
What brand rings twist on to Redfield Jr bases?
« on: October 06, 2010, 01:51:11 AM »
My Burris don't seem to. Is it just Redfield that works?

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
Re: What brand rings twist on to Redfield Jr bases?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 02:46:25 AM »
Their supposed to be pretty much standardized, but not always.  If the front ring is too loose, I would try a Redfield ring.  If its too tight, try mounting a 1 inch wood rod (Broom stick, etc.) in the front ring, and use it to twist it in.  May take some REASONABLE force.  Never use the scope itself.  Myself, I have always preferred Weaver type rings and bases.

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 05:12:45 AM »

....................Myself, I have always preferred Weaver type rings.............

Larry

Larry, I got to say that those Rings with the two screws on one side only must have been thought up by a nasty and evil creature that delights in pi**ng people off. >:(
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 05:23:53 AM »

....................Myself, I have always preferred Weaver type rings.............

Larry

Larry, I got to say that those Rings with the two screws on one side only must have been thought up by a nasty and evil creature that delights in pi**ng people off. >:(

Yea, the original style weavers do tend to rotate the scope when being tightened.  More to the point, I like the Weaver style bases when used with modern 4 screw rings.  Easy off and on with decent repeatability.
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 05:37:20 AM »
The Redfield/Leupold styles are pretty but I use the Weaver style because they are much stronger and the scope won't move.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~