Author Topic: M1s might be comeing in 2012  (Read 804 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
M1s might be comeing in 2012
« on: October 12, 2010, 10:25:44 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8271041.stm

i had readed in Gun and ammo that  some M1 will be coming to the US.  I saw online that The Obama administration approved the sale of the American-made rifles last year. But it reversed course and banned the sale in March – a decision that went largely unnoticed at the time but that is now sparking opposition from gun rights advocates.

but i keep hearing they are comeing in 2012. So is it off or are the guns on the way?
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
Re: M1s might be comeing in 2012
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 11:12:20 AM »
I have an M1 i'd be more than happy to unload.  I hate the thing.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 02:16:17 PM »
I have both M1's
Garand and a Carbine.
Of the two the Garand is more favorite.
The carbine is more of an over sized 10/22 that costs a whole lot to $hoot.
I have used both for DCM shoots as well as my AK and AR.
The AR is a whole lot easier to shoot and cheaper too.
But.... With that said.
The M1's are still a great rifle,
I bought mine as I went cheap and bought it rather than spending 2.5 as much for a M1A.
Am happier, same basic gun and I got lot's of ammo for the budget of the M1A.
Have used mine for targets and deer hunting. 
Can't go wrong with one.
Be fore you go shopping for one.  Ask other guys what to look for.
I lucked out and my parts match the reciever.  During the war there were some changes, making the rifle easier to make and you want to get sights, trigger guard that will match the serial number.
There are other things to look for as well that others can tell you more about when looking through a stack of rifles.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 09:08:22 AM »
I am a ruger mini,SKS and AK man. If they do come in 2012 and they are a good price then, i don't care that i am in housing. I going to get a M1 carbin and put a paratrooper stock.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 11:42:17 AM »
Good for you.
Make sure it is a M1 and not an Inland M3000.
The inlands look the same but do not fit in the M1 Carbine stocks.
There is an Inland M1000 that is a military copy same with the Iver Johnson but the 3000 uses a different recoil system and will not fit in the GOV't stock.
The Italians were making a good copy of the paratroop stock.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 12:21:17 PM »
thanks, good to know. I know i can wait on other guns but if it's a real US M1 then i have to get it now.  The last M1 carbine i saws was 950$ at deer hunter guns.

Offline no guns here

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 07:05:50 AM »
I guess I'm weird... heck my wife tells me that all the time!  Anyway, the wife bought me an M1 last year.  I don't know the maker or if the serial numbers match.  Don't really care.  The way I see it.  An M1 with mismatched parts is just a "original" as one that matches.  After the first couple of GI's had one, parts were probably mismatched by some armorer anyway.  As long as it shoots and will hold center of mass then I'm happy with it.  If it shoots better, then I'll be happier.  I just wanted it to say that I had an M1, not because I plan to compete with it or anything.  Now that is has cooled off to something below "broil" in S. Texas I guess I need to get some ammo for it and get it sighted in.

Now I gotta get her to buy carbine for me...

NGH
"I feared for my life!"

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 12:06:22 PM »
I guess I'm weird... heck my wife tells me that all the time!  Anyway, the wife bought me an M1 last year.  I don't know the maker or if the serial numbers match.  Don't really care.  The way I see it.  An M1 with mismatched parts is just a "original" as one that matches.  After the first couple of GI's had one, parts were probably mismatched by some armorer anyway.  As long as it shoots and will hold center of mass then I'm happy with it.  If it shoots better, then I'll be happier.  I just wanted it to say that I had an M1, not because I plan to compete with it or anything.  Now that is has cooled off to something below "broil" in S. Texas I guess I need to get some ammo for it and get it sighted in.

Now I gotta get her to buy carbine for me...

NGH
There are collectors
there are wall hangers
and then there are the shooters.
If yours is a shooter great, go shoot it.
Mine is too.
If you are having a problem finding  EMBOC clips give me a call, I have a few to sell.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 12:36:17 PM »
I followed the story about all those M1 Carbines coming back from South Korea.  They were stopped for a couple of reasons.  1: they're in such bad shape they don't meet our lowest qualifications.  2:   They already belong to the U.S.A. and the Koreans want to sell them back.?
The pro-argument is that whether they work or not, collectors still want them.  I had to qualify with them in the Military in '65'.  I would not want one.  On the other hand the M1Garand is a different story.
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.