Author Topic: Tula Primers  (Read 417 times)

Offline JRiddle

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Avid Poster
Tula Primers
« on: October 14, 2010, 07:45:48 AM »
I've seen Tula primers at a few of the local shops around here.  Pretty good prices, about $17 at one shop.  The few folks that I know that reload, have never even heard of em.  I'm just curious if any of you folks have used them? at what your opinion of them is.  I have to wonder about their consistency, and overall quality control.
Thanks, JR
"Give me Liberty...or I'll get up, and get it myself."

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: Tula Primers
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 09:56:10 AM »
JR

From what I have been able to find out , Tula are the boys that make primers for Wolf Ammo , I've never had a problem with their ammo so not sure the primers would be too much of a difference . Yet some have had issues with Wolf primers being too tall for primer pockets .  ???

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline topper88

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 11:30:12 AM »
I heard that the Wolf primers have always been Tula.  Wolf is a packaging company that designed the cardboard & plastic packaging that mimics Winchester.  They would get the primers from Tula and package them up and make a great profit.  Finally Tula figured they would do the same thing with their name on it instead of Wolf.  I heard in a matter of time you won't see the name Wolf on the primers or the ammo.  It's all made my Tula and will be packaged and marketed by them.  I have not bought any Tula to compare but have enjoyed closeout pricing on the Wolf so I should be good for two more Presidential elections at least. 

One thing that hasn't been mentioned.  The Russians are dumping their primers and ammo here, forcing our manufactures to lower their prices.  Where things will go remains to be seen.  With Winchester moving down to Mexico and the further globalization of the small arms manufacturing we will see many changes.  Isn't it something, we will import tons of ammo from previously unfriendly countries but our government won't let one item be exported to help our economy.  That's why the move offshore.  Some day we will be left with nothing if relations sour.

Offline JRiddle

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 06:31:34 PM »
Thanks for the scoop guys.

stimpylu, I've never used wolf either (always been a winchester man) but I did just read a nearby post about the wolfs ridin a little high in the saddle.

topper, I didn't know that winchester went to mexico. and I agree we are in a sad state of affairs when the few things left that are still made in the USA are one by one going to other countries to open themselves up to a global market and/or have less production costs.  We have become a country of consumers, instead of producers.

Again, thanks for your replies.  I think I may grab a few of the tulas and give em a try, heck for 17 bucks what could it hurt.
JR
"Give me Liberty...or I'll get up, and get it myself."

Offline mdi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 07:52:12 AM »
I just read on another forum, Tula and Wolf are made by KVM, same factory, different packaging. FWIW, I bought some Wolf primers, LPM and SPM, and the only difference is the Wolf seem a bit harder to seat. Lack of plating or slightly larger (I didn't bother to measure) mebbe, but they will seat properly with just a bit more pressure and all go bang.