Author Topic: Cabalas should advertise their game carrier as an easy loader too  (Read 786 times)

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
I shot a deer today and strapped it on my Cabelas magnum game carrier. I got back to the pickup and was looking around for a ditch to back the pickup into to make it easier to load the deer. When I saw the carrier sitting by the truck with the deer still on it a light came on. I set the carrier handle on the endgate and lifted the bottom of the carrier and slid the handle farther into the truck. When the wheels came to the endgate I just lifted a little higher and now the carrier with the deer on it was in the pickup. I tied it so it wouldn't roll around and went home.

At homebase, I decided since the whole thing went in so easy maybe the reverse would work too. It did, so instead of backing the truck under my game hoist, I just wheeled the carrier over and hoisted the deer off it. I only bought this carrier a few years ago and have been kicking myself ever since that I hadn't done it over 40 years ago. All the hard work I have done over the years has been mostly wasted. And today I found out the carrier is even more useful than I had thought.

Offline bulletstuffer

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
  • Overkill begins when hair shoots out the antlers.
Re: Cabalas should advertise their game carrier as an easy loader too
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 01:04:50 AM »
Great idea using the hauler to load the deer on the truck!  I bought mine years ago.  It was a magnum model.  Hauled two deer out on it once :D  I also used it to haul out one of the giant two man ladder stands that weighs 125lbs that I couldn't have carried out by hand.  I have heard bad reviews on the smaller models coming apart from use.  Hope to have to use mine again this year ;D ;D ;D

Good luck,

Bulletstuffer   
I am the first to work when I have to and the first to go on vacation when I can!  God Bless America!!!